Pro 3 showing up as Prophet Rev2 Module in DAW

iakora

• Rev 2, Pro 3, Tempest
Pro 3 showing up as Prophet Rev2 Module in DAW
« on: September 04, 2020, 01:04:55 PM »
Any ideas why my Pro 3 is showing up as Prophet Rev2 Module midi device in all of my DAWs?

Petur

• Rev 2 - Pro 3 - Take 5
Re: Pro 3 showing up as Prophet Rev2 Module in DAW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 05:36:36 PM »
I'm having this problem too. I thought it was a windows 10 driver issue on my computer, but here we are with the same problem.

Sometimes my REV2 module gets to be PRO3 or vice versa, depends on who I turn on first...or not. I gave up on using USB connection on my REV2 module and connect it to MIDI instead.

I think we need to send an error report to support, but I have another case going on there - so I don't want to flood them with more of my problems at the moment.

Is your problem setup similar to mine? :

Windows 10
PRO 3 (OS 1.1.0.0)
REV 2 Module (OS 1.1.5.9)

P.

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 04:32:45 AM »
I'm having this problem too. I thought it was a windows 10 driver issue on my computer, but here we are with the same problem.

Sometimes my REV2 module gets to be PRO3 or vice versa, depends on who I turn on first...or not. I gave up on using USB connection on my REV2 module and connect it to MIDI instead.

I think we need to send an error report to support, but I have another case going on there - so I don't want to flood them with more of my problems at the moment.

Is your problem setup similar to mine? :

Windows 10
PRO 3 (OS 1.1.0.0)
REV 2 Module (OS 1.1.5.9)

P.

I have exactly the same problem. Did you figure out how to fix this?

Petur

• Rev 2 - Pro 3 - Take 5
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 10:55:08 AM »
Hi rrauanmaa,

No I haven't. I think it's time to report it to support - have you done that yet?

P.

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 04:43:01 AM »
Hi rrauanmaa,

No I haven't. I think it's time to report it to support - have you done that yet?

P.

Thanks for your answer! no I have not report it to support yet but I do it now.

Petur

• Rev 2 - Pro 3 - Take 5
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 01:42:59 AM »
This is from support :

"The issue you noted is due to a bug wherein the Pro 3 and REV2 have the same USB ID. The issue is on our bug list and we will be changing the Pro 3's USB ID in an upcoming BETA OS."

So, this is a known bug and will be fixed :)

P.

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 11:45:34 AM »
I got a very same answer from Carson Day as well ;)

This is from support :

"The issue you noted is due to a bug wherein the Pro 3 and REV2 have the same USB ID. The issue is on our bug list and we will be changing the Pro 3's USB ID in an upcoming BETA OS."

So, this is a known bug and will be fixed :)

P.

bax

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2020, 09:42:57 AM »
I'm really glad I came across this thread!  I recently got a 16 voice REV2 desktop to sit alongside my PRO3, and this has been driving me crazy until I found this which exactly explains why the iConnectivity mioXL midi interface I have these both plugged into is freaking out...

Anyone heard anything more about possible availability of a beta OS with a fix for this?

Thanks!
bax

Petur

• Rev 2 - Pro 3 - Take 5
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2020, 04:37:19 PM »
Hi Bax,

they said really soon in october, so I'm guessing it's around the corner...lets hope so ;)

P.

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 01:34:11 PM »
Hi Bax,

they said really soon in october, so I'm guessing it's around the corner...lets hope so ;)

P.

Thanks for directing me here. Looking forward to that beta!