Sound Better - a musicians-for-hire site (hint hint etc)

Sound Better - a musicians-for-hire site (hint hint etc)
« on: September 02, 2020, 03:20:22 PM »
Hi gang - I've been signed up with SoundBetter for a few months now and wanted to mention it to everyone, for a couple reasons.

SoundBetter is a site for musicians with services to offer and for people looking to hire for said services.
I'm signed up as vocalist/keyboardist/songwriter, but have also played guitar and bass on projects so far.

I think there must be a number of sites like this by now, but this is the only one I've tried out so far. I've had a couple jobs come in through SoundBetter. One was for an art installation, with me creating four abstract pieces meant to be looped and overlap in a gallery. I was given creative free reign and ended up doing quite freaky stuff - orchestral tracks with guitar feedback, vocal loops, synthy bits. The second job was quite the opposite experience. A fellow in New Zealand had written his first ever lyrics and had me set them to music. I came up with melody, the piano backing and a few harmony vocals. I helped tweak his lyrics as well, mostly tuning up the length of lines to make things flow. It was an easy-going collaboration and a cool experience. 

I reckon many of us here are already sorted in the synth/keyboard department, but if anyone's looking for a vocalist or "other," do check out my page.

And if anyone is interested in signing up to hire themselves out, I'm happy to talk about my experience with the company. It's been a cool way for me to generate income in these tour-less times.

https://soundbetter.com/profiles/151843-anton-barbeau