tweaking an oscillator without affecting the previously tweaked

i cant seem to sculpt one oscillator without affecting the sound of the previous ive tweaked. they just blend right away when i attempt a second one

Re: tweaking an oscillator without affecting the previously tweaked
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 04:02:05 AM »
fex i have a sound on oscillator 1 im happy With, then i press nr 2 and for eksempel use the low pass filter, it affecst both so that they blend, how do i add effects to oscillator nr 2 without afecting the others-  and another question how do i tweak the other 12 voices??

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 05:28:56 AM »
There is one set of filters for all four oscillators.

I'm not sure what you mean by the other 12 voices.

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 10:33:34 AM »
Yeah but how do i apply the filter on only oscilator 2, without affecting 1 as well

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 11:08:40 AM »
You can't.

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 11:10:11 AM »
You can use two layers though, each layer has 6 voices with 4 oscillators and the filters.

You can then stack the layers so one layer could use the filter and on the other layer you can have the filter off.

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 12:13:39 AM »
oh  :-\  thats actually pretty disapointing. i mean that could mean a lot sound design wise.   would make the sounds even more interesting , a lot more interesting. thats something they should fix.   there should be one set of filters per oscillator! thats not good at all.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 12:22:25 AM by Tonefall »

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 01:29:21 AM »
6 (or 12) extra filters would push up the price, I see your problem but I'm not sure that a filter (or 2 if HPF and LPF) per oscillator is cost effective for many users. Do other synths have 8 (or 16) filters ?

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 01:49:52 AM »
i Guess not, but they should. for me its a big limitation.. it would allow me to sculpt much more! imagine how much fat and customized a sound would be.   i would like to have one filter for each oscillator so 4 filters would do, istnt there someway to make that happen in a New os?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 01:54:28 AM by Tonefall »

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 02:06:20 AM »
It's how nearly every synth ever made works!

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 04:58:11 AM »
then here is golden oportunity for synthmakers to make something different

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 05:26:21 AM »
i have an other question. when ive made a patch, sometimes some of the keys i press sound lower, than the other. sometimes it doesnt even make a sound, until NeXT key ,even when i press the same key several times theres a different sound,

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 08:16:37 AM »
Guessing: What do key assign in unison menu say? (might wanna change it to "last..")..

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 11:37:49 AM »
Nice thank u very much!:) been trying to read the manual , but im not manual kind of guy:PP

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 11:17:22 PM »
i have an other question. when ive made a patch, sometimes some of the keys i press sound lower, than the other. sometimes it doesnt even make a sound, until NeXT key ,even when i press the same key several times theres a different sound,

Sounds like you need to tune your filters. Global->25 Autotune Filters

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 11:24:39 PM »
then here is golden oportunity for synthmakers to make something different

When you think about it though the P12 has 12 voices each with two filters so that is 24 analog filters and 12 filter envelopes, if you wanted one per oscillator you would need 96 analog filters and 48 filter envelopes. Costs would be much higher.

I asked on another forum about systems that may have a filter per oscillator, the Roland synths that have supernatural synths (like the recent Jupiters or Integra 7) do have a filter per oscillator, but of course they are digital not analog.

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 11:23:32 AM »
Nice thank u, will be checking out some videos:)

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 11:57:47 AM »
any one else finding the keys a bit to simple? the quality isnt much better than cheap midi Keyboards.
quite bad quality for such an expensive synth,. some of the plastic from the mold was still on mine, Sharp plastic edges
plus they are quite wobbly, much firmer on my gaia sh -01 , shame they try to save some bucks on that,
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 07:46:20 AM by Tonefall »

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2016, 11:41:20 AM »
Guessing: What do key assign in unison menu say? (might wanna change it to "last..")..

it says last. but still some keys i have to press harder to even make sound, like its attack is changed or something,. irritating, its like that on many many patch, is it something wrong With it?

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2016, 01:13:30 PM »
this thing is so complex i just made a real sounding badass pan flute,!!! real badass