Pro 3 hum/noise @ 3.5 - 4.5 kHz range

Petur

• Rev 2 - Pro 3 - Take 5
Re: Pro 3 hum/noise @ 3.5 - 4.5 kHz range
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2020, 04:19:01 PM »
Hi lvbeethoven,

This was not the case of ground loop noise nor bad connection hums. This was tied to some malfunction on the mainboard. But thanks for the info and the link.

I use this ground loop isolator for all my Roland Boutiques and other synths that have this annoying problem, does wonders : Here

P.

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2023, 09:50:34 AM »
I find it very unfortunate that this is considered as "working as intended". Sequential should acknowledge this "feature" since having a clean tone is not possible with this synth due to the constant pitched noise. I had my synth for a couple of weeks before it was sent to repair and waited 3 months for Sequential to send it back and say it's normal. Very disappointing.

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2023, 01:03:26 AM »
I have this too, on a low-serial unit (sub 1000), which I got new just about when they came out, 2.5 years ago.

It sounds EXACTLY like the sound samples posted earlier in this thread.

I sent it in for repair, the service center in Germany acknowledged the problem, said they replaced "Main PCB PSU Rail instandgesetzt" and tested it.

I got it back this week, it sounds exactly the same :(

Hopefully the second time around they can fix it, I asked to get it sent back again.

It seems to me like this is a fault on early units from the get-go?

It's unfortunate I didn't use mine for bass so much and missed this for the first 2 years I had it. It's sound annoyed me but I couldn't put my finger on it, and I used my simpler mono synths for pure bass sounds, using the Pro 3 as a leads/other, meaning the issue evaded me...

The shop where I bought mine have a floor unit permanently turned on for customers to play. It is also a very low serial. It has the same problem. I've pointed it out to them 3 months ago when I dropped off mine, they are still keeping the unit on display unfixed...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 01:09:40 AM by onar3d »

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2023, 04:50:42 AM »
I have this too, on a low-serial unit (sub 1000), which I got new just about when they came out, 2.5 years ago.

It sounds EXACTLY like the sound samples posted earlier in this thread.

I sent it in for repair, the service center in Germany acknowledged the problem, said they replaced "Main PCB PSU Rail instandgesetzt" and tested it.

I got it back this week, it sounds exactly the same :(

Hopefully the second time around they can fix it, I asked to get it sent back again.

It seems to me like this is a fault on early units from the get-go?

It's unfortunate I didn't use mine for bass so much and missed this for the first 2 years I had it. It's sound annoyed me but I couldn't put my finger on it, and I used my simpler mono synths for pure bass sounds, using the Pro 3 as a leads/other, meaning the issue evaded me...

The shop where I bought mine have a floor unit permanently turned on for customers to play. It is also a very low serial. It has the same problem. I've pointed it out to them 3 months ago when I dropped off mine, they are still keeping the unit on display unfixed...

That's interesting, I've went through a similar process. After my previous comment, I contacted Sequential directly and the support person was very helpful and confirmed that there was a problem. The unit was sent to repair as well to a German repair center and it came back fixed with the description of the repair being "Mainboard instandgesetzt". The issue is gone now. I hope they fix yours.

Is the store Just Music by any chance? All their display units have this issue.

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2023, 08:52:12 AM »
(...)

That's interesting, I've went through a similar process. After my previous comment, I contacted Sequential directly and the support person was very helpful and confirmed that there was a problem. The unit was sent to repair as well to a German repair center and it came back fixed with the description of the repair being "Mainboard instandgesetzt". The issue is gone now. I hope they fix yours.

Is the store Just Music by any chance? All their display units have this issue.

Hi!

No, this is in Sweden.

Just the day after seeing this message I got an email about it finally being fixed and ready to pick up - about time, I first dropped it off at the shop in February.

They replaced the mainboard, and now it finally it sounds as it should!