P6 or OB6 to pair with my Pro 3

kev

P6 or OB6 to pair with my Pro 3
« on: August 27, 2020, 06:38:07 AM »
I recently purchased the Pro 3 SE and am absolutely loving it! I went from being fully in the box to using the pro3 with an eventide H3500 and just recording audio straight to pro tools and it's so liberating! Now I want a poly to go with it and I think I'll be set! So naturally because my desktop space is limited, I am looking at the prophet 6 or ob6 desktop module.

Knowing that I have a p3 for bass/lead duties and theoretically I could run them in parallel or run the audio from the ob6 or p6 into the p3, which do you think would be a better fit?

I like the prophet filter and the svf on the pro 3 equally so that doesn't help haha. I know this question has been asked to death but I guess my wrinkle is that I'm looking for something to specifically pair with my Pro 3 as my only synths.

Some scenarios I'm envisioning are running both in parallel with dueling arps, doing rhythmic chord stabs on the poly, and obviously pad work. I tend to do more ostinato, crazy time signature, arpeggiator type stuff than slow ambient stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Re: P6 or OB6 to pair with my Pro 3
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 11:32:37 AM »
Far as versatility goes, the Pro3 does have the 3 selectable filters which can give you kind of the same vibe as the OB6 for leads and mono stuff, but when it comes to poly, I think the P6 complements it nicely. Between the the pro3 and p6, I have virtually all of my needs covered.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 06:42:57 AM »
I use my Pro-3 together with the fantastic Prophet 6. And it sounds perfect together. I had owned also an OB-6 and this works too. But i like the Prophet-6 more than the OB-6 (only my own opinion).

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 12:40:10 AM »
I started my DSI journey with an OB6.
I did have a prophet 600 with gligli mods but I never really clicked with it.
In 2017 I tried an OB6 and I finally found the sound that I was looking for in 25 years of playing and owning synths.
I then added a REV2 for more atmospheric sounds and emulation of other vintage synths (CS-80, VP-300, polymoog etc) but I still needed a mono and the PRO3 was released.
If I had to get rid of one OT would be extremely reluctant but it would be the REV2. I can do everything I need with an OB6 and a PRO3.
There’s nothing like the OB6. It has Arps, sequences, pads, leads, complex textures, effects, easily accessible presets. But most importantly TONE. There is nothing like the OB6, not even the PRO3.
OB6, PROPHET 6, REV2, PRO 3, AS-1, MOOG GRANDMOTHER, HYDRASYNTH, B2600, DIGITAKT, ANALOG RYTM, ASSORTED EURORACK