Expression pedal for volume

Expression pedal for volume
« on: August 23, 2020, 08:26:06 AM »
Hello,
How do i use a expression pedal in order to adjust the main volume of my Pro 3 SE, with the latest OS. I tried the Roland EV-5  (Works fine on the Pro 2!), the Yamaha FC7 and a Kurzweil expression pedal.

In GLOBAL menu I tried all different settings.

I also tried to set the modulation matrix to have the pedal as the the source, but cannot find “volume’ as destination.

Can anybody help me?

Re: Expression pedal for volume
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 10:23:51 AM »
In the Mod Matrix, you can assign one slot to be:
Source:  Exp Pedal / Foot Pedal
Destination:  Env VCA Amount
Amount: 100 (to taste)

Just make sure you turn down the base Env VCA amount on the panel... you'll be adding the VCA amount through the pedal.

You could also use a few mod slots to route Pedal to the three Osc Level 1/2/3 destinations, if you want to control the volume going into the filter, rather than the volume after the filter (at amp)

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 10:37:41 AM »
^ This and also in Global Settings the Pedal Function should be set to Expression CC11, something which is not mentioned in the manual. The default is to have it "hard-coded" to the filter.

rb415

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 11:27:08 PM »
^ This and also in Global Settings the Pedal Function should be set to Expression CC11, something which is not mentioned in the manual. The default is to have it "hard-coded" to the filter.

Ah, thanks so much for this pointer. I had already run into this apparent limitation - great to discover it’s not really there.

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 10:19:03 AM »
Thank you very much!!!!
By the way, creativespiral, i bought your soundsets and i love them, very useful for my Marillion Tribute band, for which I need several “vintage” lead sounds. Thanks!!!