Power over MIDI on Prophet 6

Power over MIDI on Prophet 6
« on: August 23, 2020, 12:25:38 AM »
Hi,

After I ordered the WIDI Master dongle, a MIDI to Bluetooth adapter from CME, I made it working with pretty much all of my Synths except my Prophet 6 Desktop/Module. Novation's Peak, Hydrasynth as well as the Prophet Rev2 (Keyboard) were all powering the adapter via MIDI and I'm wondering if there's any setting that would allow the Prophet 6 Desktop/Module to send power over MIDI as well.

Does anyone know?

Thanks and regards,
Dennis

Re: Power over MIDI on Prophet 6
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 08:29:53 AM »
Hi Dennis,
I've just bought a widi master and it seem's it also doesn't work with my prophet 6.
I've tried to change the global midi settings to midi but it seems that the midi output of the prophet 6 doesn't send (enough) power.
Have you find a way to go?
Best regards,
Chris

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 02:17:53 AM »
Hello guys,

I received my Genki Wave for Xmas and before NOW, I had the original firmware on my Prophet 6.

The Wave worked so well via the WIDI master.   It was gnarly how I was able to shape the filter section with my hand gestures..

I recently updated my firmare to the latest 1.59?  I maybe wrong.. and it no longer works!

This question is to the moderators.. how may we access the power over MIDI again? and can we have that function back?

This ability to use the Wave in this way was so exceptional and awesome.  Please do, and maybe share why they removed this feature?

Thank you!

-G

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 03:20:40 PM »
Do you know which version your original version was, so we might contact the support and ask for corresponding files? Also it should be backported in case it‘s really not a hardware limitation (which it seems it isn‘t if it was working fir you before). I think it should not be much work to implement.

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 07:46:25 AM »
After I updated to 1.6.3 the power over MIDI seems to be working just fine. Should have tried it before my previous post  :)

Thank you Dave Smith and team! You rock!

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 01:49:15 AM »
I've just updated my prophet 6 to 1.6.3 but I still don't have power on my MIDI outpout.
Strange things... perhaps a wrong global configuration.
Any idea?

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 01:41:57 PM »
Did you try resetting your globals (gloabl + write)?

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2021, 07:21:26 AM »
Thank you!
Yes, I've tried to reset my global setting but still no blue light on my widi master.

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 08:15:40 AM »
Assuming that you connected the in and out dongle correctly as well as your firmware update was successful, I think you need to file a support request asking for the condition under which it should work.

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2021, 11:28:20 AM »
Problem solved!
I took my Prophet 6 home to do the last update and and there, it didn't deliver any power to my widi master.
Yesterday I took my Prophet back to my music studio and finally saw the blue light of my widi master. I’m not sure but I guess it could be a problem of grounding of my socket at home.
So now everything works perfectly! Thanks for your help and thanks for this great new update.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2021, 11:29:20 AM »
Problem solved!
I took my Prophet 6 home to do the last update and and there, it didn't deliver any power to my widi master.
Yesterday I took my Prophet back to my music studio and finally saw the blue light of my widi master. I’m not sure but I guess it could be a problem of grounding of my socket at home.
So now everything works perfectly! Thanks for your help and thanks for this great new update.

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2021, 06:40:11 AM »
Checked my Widi with Prophet in Studio...WIDI Worked....checked same WIDI with same Prophet6 with my Livesetup...didn't work. Checked for a while this problem and noticed: In Studio I connected the WIDI in addition with the USB-Connection...Power over Midi worked. If I disconnect USB-Connection...no Power over Midi. Very strange thing

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2021, 05:46:23 AM »
That‘s indeed strange. Assuming your latest firmware is updated on your P6, you might want to try updating the Widi Master‘s Firmware as well. There was a release just recently.

I hope it helps.

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2021, 04:01:36 PM »
firmware of widi is the newest one

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2021, 09:05:06 AM »
Hello, same problem, with the last firmware (prophet 6 and widi). If I connected the WIDI in addition with the USB-Connection, it works. But no midi power if i don't use the usb connection... :(