OB6 Voice Issues

Kay

OB6 Voice Issues
« on: August 20, 2020, 08:03:59 AM »
Hey guys,

Well OB6 is just about the most expensive toy that I own and I'm a bit concerned with the issue that I have been noticing.

Whenever I play a chord I only hear 4-5 voices. One or two gets cut out or ducks out. (I'm assuming) Depending on how I play I would sometimes not hear the bass and higher notes, vice versa.

For more experienced folks with synths, is there a test you would do to narrow things down? I've tried firmware reset/calibration and no luck.

Also how does the repair process work? I'm from Canada so I'm wondering if this is at all possible, if it comes down to it. It was purchased brand new from Long & Mcquade last year but the warranty had expired a few montsh ago.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Re: OB6 Voice Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 09:10:33 AM »
Likely a faulty voice card; contact sequential support and they’ll sort you out.

Kay

Re: OB6 Voice Issues
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 07:33:38 AM »
Likely a faulty voice card; contact sequential support and they’ll sort you out.

Thank you, Sequential support has been super helpful.

After many days of troubleshooting, it turned out to be the way my MIDI was setup in Ableton. When I set the MIDI to on in both input and output under Track (as pictured), it causes some sort of an overlap. Turning output off rids of the issue instantly.

Tl;dr user error :P ;D