Using the Pro3 as a drumgate sequencer

W07

Using the Pro3 as a drumgate sequencer
« on: August 19, 2020, 12:36:43 PM »
'm trying to use the pro3 as a four-track gate/rythm sequencer for eurorack.

Not much luck so far.I've tried assigning a sequencer track to CV1TRIG, but then the CV1 out it starts sending a steady gate rythm at the tempo the sequencer division is in. muting or unmuting notes doesn't do anything. I can have this rythm stop by tie-ing a note to the next step. It will then stop, and resume as soon it reaches a new active step. The first step will hence always trigger.

I was hoping to set the destination to CVTRIG OUT, and being able to just sequence a rythm on that track by entering some steps with mutes in between. I'd think the value of the step would be the gate's intensity, so useable for dynamics.

Am i using it wrong, or is this functionality (the CV trig out) not implemented correctly yet?

W07

Re: Using the Pro3 as a drumgate sequencer
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 11:47:51 AM »
bump-

I was hoping to get at least some reply from someone at DSI

korfu

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 09:54:14 AM »
I mentioned this (with a different issue) when I contacted DSI support. Right cv1 will only send steady 16ths. They formally put in a request to sequence triggers however you like, but for now, at least, it's 16ths only. Please note, contacting DSI diredclt through support email is THE BEST way to get them to respond. The forums are only slightly touched by DSI staff.

Pym

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 11:32:18 AM »
It's already on the bug list internally and something I'll probably work on this week. I read the forums regularly, I just don't respond very often to things

I mentioned this (with a different issue) when I contacted DSI support. Right cv1 will only send steady 16ths. They formally put in a request to sequence triggers however you like, but for now, at least, it's 16ths only. Please note, contacting DSI diredclt through support email is THE BEST way to get them to respond. The forums are only slightly touched by DSI staff.
Sequential

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 07:32:58 AM »
It's already on the bug list internally and something I'll probably work on this week. I read the forums regularly, I just don't respond very often to things

Came here as I can't get CV Trigger outs to work as expected - is this fixed or still in development?

RAFH

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 04:14:51 PM »
+1 for me on the CV trigger issue. Was informed to come here to post my request for this to be fixed ASAP...
Sequential Pro-3, Elektron Analog Heat MK2, Elektron Analog RYTM MK2, Elektron Analog Four MK2, Pioneer Toraiz SP-16, Behringer TD-3, 104hp Modular Synth w/Mutable Instruments modules, 48hp Modular FX box with Intellijel Rainmaker and Audio I/O, Eventide H9 MAX

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 09:02:57 PM »
Came here looking for an answer too.  Hope this is resolved soon.

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 03:01:32 AM »
+1 for this. Would be a much more flexible if this was implemented! :)

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 02:28:27 PM »

This was actually fixed in the last firmware update!

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 08:33:29 AM »

This was actually fixed in the last firmware update!

Hey im having this same issue. do you know if this firmware update is out yet? Or were to find it? I just installed the new os but no luck.