Latency Issues with the Prophet XL

Latency Issues with the Prophet XL
« on: August 14, 2020, 12:19:26 PM »
Hello,

I'm having latency issues with my Prophet XL.

I have tried connecting it via USB and even MIDI, but the latency is still there and won't go away. I'd save you some time also by saying that I've already tried many buffer size/low latency settings, on both Ableton and Studio One, without a change.
The latency seems to be of some milliseconds but it never changes, always keeps the same amount, it stays there and won't go away.

Any suggestions?

P.S. I'm using a Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen. I also own a Minilogue XD that has 0 latency problems, so why is just the Prophet not working properly?

LPF83

Re: Latency Issues with the Prophet XL
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 05:43:22 PM »
Hello,

I'm having latency issues with my Prophet XL.

I have tried connecting it via USB and even MIDI, but the latency is still there and won't go away. I'd save you some time also by saying that I've already tried many buffer size/low latency settings, on both Ableton and Studio One, without a change.
The latency seems to be of some milliseconds but it never changes, always keeps the same amount, it stays there and won't go away.

Any suggestions?

P.S. I'm using a Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen. I also own a Minilogue XD that has 0 latency problems, so why is just the Prophet not working properly?

I also have a Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen (with an Octopre added) and a Minilogue XD module.  Latency of audio is just one of those things that I adjust as needed via delay compensation the DAW, depending on what I'm doing.  Sometimes a snappy bass or percussion needs an adjustment to sound tight.  I always thought that was just part of making music -- getting the timing tight was hard even back in my early days of relatively fewer hardware pieces and Atari ST as the primary DAW.

I can't really say if the Minilogue XD has given me latency issues.  In my case it's kind of a light duty arp/sequence machine usually and I usually bounce the output to audio and keep it once I like the result.  I can say the Korg USB midi drivers on Windows are an absolute pain in the ass compared to my Prophet 6, Rev2 and OB-6 which always just work over USB even when plugged into a hub.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 05:46:31 PM by LPF83 »
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC