Help with sound: ‘Buffer Leak’

Help with sound: ‘Buffer Leak’
« on: August 12, 2020, 02:06:42 PM »
Hi There,

My Tempest is second-hand so ‘Buffer Leak’ might not be a standard sound but is anyone familiar with it?

The LFO is synced to 8th notes and I’m trying to reduce the number of repeats using the Envelopes - is that the right move?

Reducing the AMP Release shortens the repeats but it makes the sound thinner and less brassy overall - even the start/attack of the sound.

Forgive my ignorance but why does the Release effect the sound overall and not just the end?
And is there a way to reduce the number of repeats while keeping the sound fat and brassy?

Hope that makes sense, any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated - I’m very green!

Cheers

Ben

Re: Help with sound: ‘Buffer Leak’
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 12:01:26 AM »
Unless I misunderstand you it sounds like you are going about this the wrong way.

I'm not sure what your LFO is routed to but it sounds like you're after a more 'gated' type effect in which case I'd try one of the following...

1 Use ADSR envelopes instead of AD envelopes and change the length of the note to affect the number of repeats.

2 Use AD envelopes and alter the 'peak hold' parameter to change the number of repeats.

Let us know how you get on and if that doesn't work maybe provide a bit more explanation about yr patch.
Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher