Feature Request: ability to choose init program

Feature Request: ability to choose init program
« on: August 10, 2020, 06:49:06 AM »
I've seen this mentioned on GS, and wanted to put it here as well.

It makes a lot of sense to specify which program you want to use for init.
On a synth like this with such a deep mod system, sequencer, and effects it would be a great capability to have.

The idea is that if there was a global parameter like User Init: <bank> <program>, then it could be set to any program you want to use.   

Then when you hit down + latch it would load that one.

If possible that could solve wanting the sequencer to be blank, etc. and probably many similar requests in the future.

Best regards,

Gino

« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 06:50:48 AM by Gino.Cortesi »

Re: Feature Request: ability to choose init program
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 07:26:07 AM »
+1
I wish all synths allowed for user-defined init patch

chysn

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 09:03:51 AM »
When I had a Mopho Keyboard, I didn't like the Init patch. I just created one, named it INIT, and stored it in the first memory location. When I started a new patch, I'd just go to my INIT, save it somewhere, and get to work...

I've never liked thinking of patch names, so I had a user bank full of patches called INIT, but that's another issue, i'nit?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 09:07:49 AM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 11:08:08 AM »
When I had a Mopho Keyboard, I didn't like the Init patch. I just created one, named it INIT, and stored it in the first memory location. When I started a new patch, I'd just go to my INIT, save it somewhere, and get to work...

I've never liked thinking of patch names, so I had a user bank full of patches called INIT, but that's another issue, i'nit?
I did the same on my Rev 2 only the name was blank. It was nice to not have to think of yet another name for “evolving pad” but made finding things harder!

Actually I just saved my custom Init patch to all of the user programs so they’d be ready to go. Maybe I should do the same for the Pro-3.

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 11:46:43 AM »
Actually I just saved my custom Init patch to all of the user programs so they’d be ready to go. Maybe I should do the same for the Pro-3.
i did it the same way on the Pro-3

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 08:19:13 AM »
This is a great request, your favourite basic patch setup as the INIT makes complete sense to me.

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 11:25:28 AM »
This would be convenient.   

Possibly we could just set our personal init default in slot U4, P128 (some set position) - and then the feature request would be to just have another Init Shortcut like the Down+Latch combo that just copies that specific program slot to the Edit Buffer?   Maybe Up+Latch does the User Init Copy operation?   

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 01:01:02 AM »
I've seen this mentioned on GS, and wanted to put it here as well.

It makes a lot of sense to specify which program you want to use for init.
On a synth like this with such a deep mod system, sequencer, and effects it would be a great capability to have.

The idea is that if there was a global parameter like User Init: <bank> <program>, then it could be set to any program you want to use.   

Then when you hit down + latch it would load that one.

If possible that could solve wanting the sequencer to be blank, etc. and probably many similar requests in the future.

Best regards,

Gino

Thank you so much! This is BRILLIANT! I’m going to do it on all my synths now!
OB6, PROPHET 6, REV2, PRO 3, AS-1, MOOG GRANDMOTHER, HYDRASYNTH, B2600, DIGITAKT, ANALOG RYTM, ASSORTED EURORACK

Pym

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2020, 11:15:27 AM »
Yeah that's probably how I'd do it, that's what I have in my notebook, but I'd add an extra global that says 'use program U4P128 as user init' or something like that. Should be easy to do. Let me think about it

Possibly we could just set our personal init default in slot U4, P128 (some set position) - and then the feature request would be to just have another Init Shortcut like the Down+Latch combo that just copies that specific program slot to the Edit Buffer?   Maybe Up+Latch does the User Init Copy operation?
Sequential

Pym

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 11:16:42 AM »
Actually I could just add the hotkey where up+latch just loads 4/128 without the global. That is even easier and solves the problem.

Good idea!

Yeah that's probably how I'd do it, that's what I have in my notebook, but I'd add an extra global that says 'use program U4P128 as user init' or something like that. Should be easy to do. Let me think about it

Sequential

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2020, 12:34:30 PM »
Awesome!

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2020, 09:04:14 PM »
Yes please!

That would be a great improvement!