PXL - Freezing and Latency

PXL - Freezing and Latency
« on: August 06, 2020, 06:45:11 AM »
Hello :D ,

I own a Prophet X that since the first day has been giving me some problems. The first and most annoying one is that it keeps freezing every now and then.
I don't know if there is a specific action that triggers it, but sometimes I leave it on and maybe check some emails, after a while I go back at it to find it frozen, with no way to fix that. I can only reboot it, meaning that any progress I've made on a patch, is lost.

I'm simultaneously talking to the Dave Smith assistance, but they also admitted this is quite an uncommon problem. The synth also has other problems, for example a stable latency that can't be fixed no matter how far you change the driver error compensation (i'm using Ableton) and all that stuff.
Nothing like my Minilogue Xd which instead works perfectly.

I'm beginning to think my Prophet X is faulty, but the assistance of course think it is a problem on my end.. :?

I don't really know what to do. we've run multiple tests now, changed cables, usb ports, changed DAWs but there seem to be no way to fix it..
Any suggestions?

P.S. This is my first Prophet synth and I was very very excited when I got it. It's just becoming annoying that I'm not using it anymore, so I really hope I can fix the many problems it is giving me..

Re: PXL - Freezing and Latency
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 04:39:08 AM »
I have the same problem with my PXL. I didn't use it for two months. I switched it on yesterday and it won't boot. The progress bar stops at the end. Nothing. Tried many times. Unplugging, waiting ... no chance. Is there no key- combo to reset the machine while turning the power on? I did ask for assistance and I hope there is no damage. ANY IDEAS HERE ?

Re: PXL - Freezing and Latency
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 05:27:52 AM »
I have the same problem with my PX. The progress bar stops at the end. Nothing. I noticed that if I unplug my sample loading usb key (which I leave plugged in all the time) the Px manages to start after 1 or 2 reboots.
this problem was revealed after purchasing an addon on 8dio (ARP2600).  In the end for the PX to work properly, I had to empty all my samples (those found free on the forum) and I was only able to reinstall some of them, reinstall the firmware (1.0.0, 2.1 then maj2.  2).  I also emptied all user bank programs.  Now my PX is working (with the arp2600 addon my Samples and my dumped programs).  Samples that I was unable to reinstall caused the px to freeze on installation (frozen on an instrument installation) forcing the px to be rebooted several times, and it still is now.
Prophet X - Prophet 12 Desktop - NordStage3 - NordWave2 - Moog Matriarch - Elektron Digitakt