Poll

Would you like to see a momentary and locked Show button option?

Yes, it would be convenient.
8 (80%)
No, I prefer the current behavior.
0 (0%)
Samurai Pizza Cats (same as Option 1)
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

FR Poll: Momentary/Lock Show Button Modes

FR Poll: Momentary/Lock Show Button Modes
« on: August 03, 2020, 07:58:45 AM »
I use the Show button for adjusting nested parameters like Aux 3 Velocity and Osc Slop. Currently you have to press Show, turn a related knob, and hit Show again to disengage it. On some parameters this is a bit of arm jumping.

When adjusting nested parameters I wish the Show button would behave like so:

- A quick press (less than 3/4 of a second maybe) would make it so the Show button turns off after the first adjusted parameter, to make it easier to adjust nested parameters. Perhaps the LED could blink to indicate it’s in momentary mode.

- A long press (3/4 of a second or more) would make it so Show mode the way it does now, with a solid LED to show that it’s in Locked mode.

What say y’all?

Re: FR Poll: Momentary/Lock Show Button Modes
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 08:26:49 AM »

Or...

- Press Show and release: Hold mode
- Press Show and dial knob while pressed: Show is off after release

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 03:48:34 PM »

Or...

The problem I see with that is you can’t operate it one handed while playing.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 02:44:11 AM »
I use the Show button for adjusting nested parameters like Aux 3 Velocity and Osc Slop. Currently you have to press Show, turn a related knob, and hit Show again to disengage it. On some parameters this is a bit of arm jumping.

When adjusting nested parameters I wish the Show button would behave like so:

- A quick press (less than 3/4 of a second maybe) would make it so the Show button turns off after the first adjusted parameter, to make it easier to adjust nested parameters. Perhaps the LED could blink to indicate it’s in momentary mode.

- A long press (3/4 of a second or more) would make it so Show mode the way it does now, with a solid LED to show that it’s in Locked mode.

What say y’all?

Good idea. Short press for momentary, long press for latch with blinking light when latched.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 11:55:31 AM »
Great idea!  :)

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 01:09:30 PM »
Great idea!  :)

Thanks! I'm surprised more people didn't choose option three- who doesn't love crime-fighting cybernetic pizza-delivering samurai cats?

Pym

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 01:02:32 AM »
Have you tried this? It's exactly how it works right now

Or...

Sequential

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2020, 07:10:11 AM »
Have you tried this? It's exactly how it works right now

Or...

That’s neat! I don’t believe that’s in the manual and I mostly try to do this one handed while playing so I never really noticed. I could use two hands for this I ‘spose.

With that, I’m not sure if my suggestion would be a full-on improvement or just a change, so feel free to discount the request accordingly :)

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 04:42:46 AM »
This would help - I really miss the select buttons from the Pro2 which mean you rarely need to use the show button, I find myself using it all the time with the Pro3 and wishing I had three hands .. it would help if it defaulted to switching off as soon as it shows something - then a long press to latch.