8 note sequence - 4 notes sound, next four don't - why?

8 note sequence - 4 notes sound, next four don't - why?
« on: August 02, 2020, 11:25:31 AM »
For a number of patches (e.g., factory bank 4, patch 122), I can play four notes in a row but the next four then fail to sound. This pattern then repeats. This doesn't affect all patches, but enough.

Why is this happening? How can I fix it? Ideas appreciated.

Many thanks.   

LPF83

Re: 8 note sequence - 4 notes sound, next four don't - why?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 12:45:06 PM »
For a number of patches (e.g., factory bank 4, patch 122), I can play four notes in a row but the next four then fail to sound. This pattern then repeats. This doesn't affect all patches, but enough.

Why is this happening? How can I fix it? Ideas appreciated.

Many thanks.

See if this thread helps:  https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4432.0.html
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

maxter

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 07:06:26 AM »
I copypasted OneLittleFonzie's comment from that thread:

"The 8 voice board sends half of it voices to output A and the others to B. If you don’t connect a plug to B, those 4 voiced get merged with the first 4 into output A. Regardless whether you use multi, no multi, stack or split. It is hardwired. Same for the expansion board. The first 4 go to A, the others to B, unless you don’t plug anything in the B output."

All 8 voices should go to output A, as long as you haven't connected anything to the B outputs.
If I remember correctly, you had to set this up in the global menu on the Prophet'08 (Output B: ON) but on the Rev2 it should be hardwired so that if nothing is connected to the B jacks, all voices SHOULD go to Output A.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 07:09:36 AM by maxter »
The Way the Truth and the Life

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 01:47:16 PM »
Thank you! It turned out I was using the B instead of the A outputs. Two cables in the A outputs and nothing in the B outputs seems to fix this...