Knobs don't affect the sound until turning them quickly back and forth

Hello,

I've bought a used Prophet 6 recently on eBay which I really love, but there seems to be a problem with it. When I've initialised a new patch, some of the knobs don't immediately affect the sound. They only start affecting the sound after I've turned the knob back and forth quickly a few times. This seems to happen pretty much every time I initialise a new patch.

Here's a video of the problem: https://imgur.com/a/VP6DSwp

Furthermore, every time I init a patch the LFO is turned on, affecting Freq 1 with a high rate. That doesn't seem like normal behaviour for an init patch.

I've already upgraded to the latest OS and reset all the patches to the factory patches.

Is this a problem with the synth itself, or am I doing something wrong? Is it something I could fix or does this synth need to be sent back to the seller?

Re: Knobs don't affect the sound until turning them quickly back and forth
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 12:09:15 AM »
You’re possibly in pass thru mode in pot mode,
You can change it in global
2 . Pot Mode: Rel, Pas, Jup (Relative, Passthru, Jump)—The rotary controls on the front panel are a mixture of “endless” rotary encoders and potenti- ometers or “pots.” The pots are identifiable by their lined knobs and the fact that they have about 300° of travel. There are three pot modes to deter- mine how the synth reacts when the programmable parameters are edited. (Master volume is not programmable, so these modes don’t apply.)
In Relative mode, changes are relative to the stored setting. In Relative mode, the full value range is not available until either the minimum or maximum value and the respective lower or upper limit of the pot’s travel is reached. For example, the resonance parameter has an internal value range of 0 to 127. Let’s say the physical position of the resonance pot is the equivalent to a
 Prophet-6 Operation Manual Global Settings 13

value of 100. If you switch to a program that has a stored Resonance setting of 63 and turn the pot all the way up, it will only go to 90. To get to the maximum value of 127, you first have to turn down until the value is at the other extreme and the pot is at the limit of its travel (in this case, 0 and fully counter-clockwise, respectively).
In Passthru mode, turning the pot has no effect until after the edited value equals the preset value (that is, until the edited value “passes through” the stored value).
Jump mode uses an absolute value based upon the position of the pot when edited: turn a pot and the value jumps immediately from the stored value to the edited value.

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 01:35:37 AM »
Thank you! That seems to have fixed it. I really appreciate you taking the time to help.

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 11:00:28 PM »
You’re welcome. Enjoy your P6.