Share Your Wavetable Thread

korfu

Share Your Wavetable Thread
« on: July 30, 2020, 10:45:14 AM »
Feel free to add on to this post! I have the following to share:

Nightmare- A wavetable made of the famous Prophet VS patch.

DX7 Bass- Made of the A-Ha bass sound from the DX7 (Bass 1)

EMS Vocoder 1000- Sample of a Cylon saying "Revolution"

Taiko Perc- A chopped up one shot of small taiko drum

Re: Share Your Wavetable Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 01:40:16 PM »
2 made from serums Virtual Riot libraries... Doesnt sound at all like the original waves... Not sure what to do to improve

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 02:58:28 PM »
Use this one, this one is half decent.

korfu

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 12:51:53 PM »
Saraar- The Fairlight synth vocal wave featured throughout the 80's from Psych Furs to Art of Noise. This version is good for quick hits. I'm going to try and make version that is smoother for long pads, if it's even possible.

W07

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 01:18:25 PM »
I messed around with waveedit and the new OS. Made some wavetables with the internal generation options, these two seem to be the most useable and different from the factory ones so far.

BIFOLD M is an incomplete sinewave getting folded and gained to get richer towards the end, i ear-picked some of the more musical stages. Rich and growly timbres which have a sawlike quality, but different.

AFG are some strange sample and hold/pwm shifts inspired by the namesake eurorack module (though the result is something totally different) towards the end it gets very bell-like.

Will certainly do more later, the Waveedit PRO3 mod and sequential implementation are quite easy and relatively quick, lots of fun. I'd like to port some of my favourite E352 tables into this format as well, but that'll need some more tinkering.

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 02:14:59 PM »
Thanks for sharing, all!

Anyone know how to change the program destination in the sysex file?

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 04:00:32 PM »
Anyone know how to change the program destination in the sysex file?

The wavetable number in the SysEx file is stored at the eighth byte (starting the count at 0, this is byte 7). I believe that's the only change that should be necessary to place the wavetable into another slot. One way would be to use a method similar to what I posted for renumbering a Prophet X patch SysEx using xxd(1).

Note: Make a backup copy of your SysEx file before trying these steps.

To see the wavetable slot number:
Code: [Select]
:; xxd -s 7 -l 1 filename.syx

Note that slot numbers in the SysEx file start counting from zero (0). Remember to subtract 1 from the slot you want to use. So, slot 64 in the Pro 3 UI is really 63 (0x3F in hexadecimal).

To renumber to slot 40 in the UI (39 == 0x27 in the SysEx file) would be something like:
:; echo '7: 27' | xxd -r - filename.syx

In the echo command, those numbers are specificed in hexadecimal. So, that 27 is that 0x27 (or 39).

Note that this blindly changes that byte. There's no checking that it's the wavetable SysEx file for the Pro 3. It also modifies the SysEx file. So, always make a backup. Work on a copy.
Jeff Kellem—Typeface designer, Composer, Pianist, Analog synths, Dancer
ASMAC (American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers) Board Member
https://1403.slantedhall.com/ | https://slantedhall.com/ | https://asmac.org/

LoboLives

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 04:49:23 PM »
I wonder if Sequential will release some new Wavetables for users to import....would love to see some Prophet VS waves. Although you couldn’t really emulate actual vector synthesis with a single Wavetable oscillator which is why I hope if Sequential do decide to do a poly synth based on the Pro 3 architecture that we get two VCOs and two Wavetable oscillators

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2020, 10:47:20 PM »
I quickly threw together a shell script to handle the renumbering of a wavetable SysEx file with some minimal error checking, using xxd(1) as in my previous note. Still, use at your own risk.

Instead of just copying it in a code block here, I put a copy on github. It may move, at some point. But, here's pro3-wavetable-renumber.sh. The only commands it uses are bash(1), xxd(1), and cp(1). Since git doesn't preserve file bits, you may need to make the shell script executable, first.

It can be called as: [note: the :; at the beginning of the line is simply the shell command-line prompt.]
:; ./pro3-wavetable-renumber.sh 64 oldfilename newfilename.syx

to make newfilename.syx a copy of oldfilename.syx with just the wavetable slot number changed to 64. The script will do the following:

• Make sure the wavetable-number argument is a number from 33 to 64.
  • Test that newfilename.syx does not exist. It'll try not to overwrite a file. But, as always, make backups.
  • Verify that oldfilename.syx is a Pro 3 wavetable SysEx file.
    • Right now, the script is making an assumption that could be incorrect, as I'm not yet certain of some of the values in the header portion; they've been the same, so far. If the script starts failing, I can make that test less strict.
    • It also checks the size and final byte.
  • If the wavetable-number argument is the same as in oldfilename.syx, the script will exit and newfilename.syx will not be created.
No guarantees that the script won't cause problems. It's possible I forgot to check something or made an error along the way. Use at your own risk. But, it might help some of you.

If one has a binary editor, as I mentioned in that earlier note, one can edit the value in the 8th byte (position 7 when starting from 0) to change the wavetable slot. If you do so, just remember that the slot number also starts from 0, so subtract one, e.g., use a value of 63 (0x3f) for slot 64. The script above will do that.

[ Got distracted with a Howard Jones concert and an online gathering with friends, otherwise I'd have posted earlier. ]

Moho

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 07:40:15 AM »
Been busy creating a load of wavetables thanks @sockmonkey  for making Wave Edit easier to use.
Here's one that I've been using a lot, useful if you want filter harmonics without using your filter.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 09:05:03 AM by Moho »

W07

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 09:51:27 AM »
Some more wavetables:

GLASS M hollow bell-like timbres
DRONES robot voice from an old computer game saying 'drones'
TRANSFO odd sine morphing
OPTIMUS male voice sample modified with some folding and ringmod
PISTON H wavetable ported from the piston honda eurorack module

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 07:37:37 PM »
I quickly threw together a shell script to handle the renumbering of a wavetable SysEx file with some minimal error checking, using xxd(1) as in my previous note. Still, use at your own risk.

Instead of just copying it in a code block here, I put a copy on github. It may move, at some point. But, here's pro3-wavetable-renumber.sh. The only commands it uses are bash(1), xxd(1), and cp(1). Since git doesn't preserve file bits, you may need to make the shell script executable, first.

It can be called as: [note: the :; at the beginning of the line is simply the shell command-line prompt.]
:; ./pro3-wavetable-renumber.sh 64 oldfilename newfilename.syx

to make newfilename.syx a copy of oldfilename.syx with just the wavetable slot number changed to 64. The script will do the following:

• Make sure the wavetable-number argument is a number from 33 to 64.
  • Test that newfilename.syx does not exist. It'll try not to overwrite a file. But, as always, make backups.
  • Verify that oldfilename.syx is a Pro 3 wavetable SysEx file.
    • Right now, the script is making an assumption that could be incorrect, as I'm not yet certain of some of the values in the header portion; they've been the same, so far. If the script starts failing, I can make that test less strict.
    • It also checks the size and final byte.
  • If the wavetable-number argument is the same as in oldfilename.syx, the script will exit and newfilename.syx will not be created.
No guarantees that the script won't cause problems. It's possible I forgot to check something or made an error along the way. Use at your own risk. But, it might help some of you.

If one has a binary editor, as I mentioned in that earlier note, one can edit the value in the 8th byte (position 7 when starting from 0) to change the wavetable slot. If you do so, just remember that the slot number also starts from 0, so subtract one, e.g., use a value of 63 (0x3f) for slot 64. The script above will do that.

[ Got distracted with a Howard Jones concert and an online gathering with friends, otherwise I'd have posted earlier. ]
Well thanks! I'm not sure how to initiate the shell script. Am I adding the filename and folder somewhere in the script on GitHub? Or what defines the context for the script?

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2020, 09:45:12 PM »
Well thanks! I'm not sure how to initiate the shell script. Am I adding the filename and folder somewhere in the script on GitHub? Or what defines the context for the script?

This will only work on a system (such as macOS) that has bash (a Bourne-like shell), xxd, and cp. You need to download the file. Then, either add the execute bit (will show that below on macOS) or use bash to run the script. Assuming the file was downloaded as pro3-wavetable-renumber.sh, to add the execute bit and run it, assuming the file is in the current directory you're in. From within Terminal (the :; represents the shell prompt; yours will be different):

:; chmod a+x pro3-wavetable-renumber.sh
:; ./pro3-wavetable-renumber.sh 64 oldfilename.syx newfilename.syx
The ./ at the beginning is specifying the relative path to the file since the current directory may not be in your PATH of places to search for programs to run.

Or, without adding the execute bit, the following should work:
:; bash pro3-wavetable-renumber.sh 64 oldfilename.syx newfilename.syx
assuming oldfilename.syx is the wavetable SysEx you want to renumber.

Hope that makes a little sense and helps. As I mentioned, another option would be to find a binary editor and edit that single byte. I only put the script on github to so as not to copy the entire file into a code block here.

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2020, 07:07:51 AM »

This will only work on a system (such as macOS) that has bash (a Bourne-like shell), xxd, and cp. You need to download the file. Then, either add the execute bit (will show that below on macOS) or use bash to run the script. Assuming the file was downloaded as pro3-wavetable-renumber.sh, to add the execute bit and run it, assuming the file is in the current directory you're in. From within Terminal (the :; represents the shell prompt; yours will be different):

:; chmod a+x pro3-wavetable-renumber.sh
:; ./pro3-wavetable-renumber.sh 64 oldfilename.syx newfilename.syx
The ./ at the beginning is specifying the relative path to the file since the current directory may not be in your PATH of places to search for programs to run.

Or, without adding the execute bit, the following should work:
:; bash pro3-wavetable-renumber.sh 64 oldfilename.syx newfilename.syx
assuming oldfilename.syx is the wavetable SysEx you want to renumber.

Hope that makes a little sense and helps. As I mentioned, another option would be to find a binary editor and edit that single byte. I only put the script on github to so as not to copy the entire file into a code block here.
Thanks I’ll take a look today!

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2020, 09:59:26 PM »
Here's another Pro 3 Wavetable Destination Edit Tool:
Web based, with ability to convert multiple wavetables in a batch... for those without the Bash superpower or the shell shy... ;)
https://www.presetpatch.com/Pro3WaveTool

And some more wavetables here:
https://www.presetpatch.com/synth/Sequential-Pro-3

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2020, 04:30:04 PM »
I wonder if Sequential will release some new Wavetables for users to import....would love to see some Prophet VS waves. Although you couldn’t really emulate actual vector synthesis with a single Wavetable oscillator which is why I hope if Sequential do decide to do a poly synth based on the Pro 3 architecture that we get two VCOs and two Wavetable oscillators

Came here to say this! VS and (if any additional) from the MEK!!!!

W07

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2020, 04:52:11 AM »
bumping this thread, anyone made some nice wavetables to share? I was expecting a lot more people doing and sharing these.

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2020, 11:03:08 AM »
I really want to add new custom wavetables to my Pro 3, but TBH to me it seems like a freaking inspiration killing headache the way Sequential has chose to implement adding user waves to the Pro 3. 

Can you guys chime in here, am I overthinking the process, is it easier than I think?  There’s gotta be a YouTube tutorial for the process, no?
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2020, 06:01:49 PM »
There’s gotta be a YouTube tutorial for the process, no?

Processus for adapt wavetable on pro3
Phttps://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4829.0.html
Tiptop Audio Buchla System
ASM Hydrasynth
Endorphin.es Shuttle System
Soma Pulsar23
Sequential Prophet 6, Rev2, Pro3
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

chysn

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2020, 06:33:25 AM »
I really want to add new custom wavetables to my Pro 3, but TBH to me it seems like a freaking inspiration killing headache the way Sequential has chose to implement adding user waves to the Pro 3.

I'm taking a couple weeks off at the end of the month, and my primary project is going to be a wavetable editor for the Pro 3. Hopefully I'll have my Pro 3 by then. It'll be an end-to-end solution that will go from editing waveforms to generating a system exclusive file that you dump to your Pro 3, perhaps even performing the dump within the product.

You'll be able to make any number of waveforms from 1 to 16, and the system will fill in the gaps with linear interpolation. So if you make two totally different waveforms, they'll be put at reference waveforms 1 and 16, while 2 through 15 will be generated by the program as a morph from one waveform to the other.

There will also be a social networking aspect, allowing users to share wavetables and follow specific wavetable creators. wav2evolver allowed waveform sharing, and it's a feature that actually got used to some extent. I think there's even more potential with the Pro 3.

Even though I'll be doing the bulk of the work in December, expect the launch in January or February.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 06:37:17 AM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his