The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

Share Your Wavetable Thread

Re: Share Your Wavetable Thread
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2020, 01:20:22 PM »
Very good initiative!

I add one thing concerning the wavetable. The pro 3 only offers a resolution of 16 cycles which is not much, compared to some plugins which go up to 512 cycles.

I am thinking of reporting comparisons to Sequential to inform them of the importance of allowing higher wavetable resolution.

Because, like an image, a wavetable has a resolution, the lower the resolution, the less detailed the rendering will be.

Effectively 16 wave cycles in the Pro offers little resolution. Itís a shame.

Anyway, trying to create an alternative to edit and load, share wavetables would be great! Total supports! :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 01:24:51 PM by lvbeethoven »
Paper & Pencil

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2020, 01:56:02 PM »
Some wavetables that I share

They all come from the Xfer Serum plugin... The table bird is a hissing bird.

I am also thinking of doing another one from the Xfer Serum plugin. This time using only the "Warp" functions of one of the two oscillators. Because indeed these functions allow you to create mirror effects, PWM, FM, Quantize etc.
What is unfortunately not possible to do on the Pro 3.

These functions make it possible to have a more or less characteristic effect on the wavetable. Extracting the effect produced by these transformation modes should surely give interesting results with the Pro 3.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 01:59:53 PM by lvbeethoven »
Paper & Pencil

chysn

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2020, 07:24:20 AM »
Note: This is not an audio wavetable. If you use it as an audio wavetable, you won't hear anything.

This is a wavetable that's designed for use in LFO mode, but it doesn't "oscillate" in the traditional sense. It is a Pro 3-based partial emulation of the Doepfer A-144 Morphing Controller eurorack module (http://www.doepfer.de/a144.htm). This wavetable emulates Out 1 of the A-144.

In a sense, it's a 0-frequency triangle LFO whose phase you can control with another modulation source. Each of the 16 reference waves is a constant level (which is why it doesn't make sound).

To demonstrate how it works, here's a simple recipe, starting with Basic Program:

(1) Select the Morph wavetable and turn on LFO mode for Osc 3
(2) For Osc 3, turn off Key Follow
(3) Set Osc 1 Level to 64 and Osc 2 Level to 0
(4) Assign Osc 3 to Osc 1 Level at amount of -64
(5) Assign Osc 3 to Osc 2 Level at amount of 64
(6) Assign slider to Osc 3 Shape Mod at amount of 127
(7) Set Osc 1 and 2 shapes to taste

Now play as you move the slider back and forth.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 07:55:37 AM by chysn »
Pro 3

Previous: Mopho Keyboard, Desktop Mopho, Evolver, DSM01, DSM03
Software: macOS, Ableton, MuseScore2
GitHub: https://github.com/chysn

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2020, 07:02:49 AM »
Here is the juno 106 wavetable that I posted in the other thread!
* Please note , this table originally only had 11 waves, I added the additional 5 by copying the 11th, and then modifying each wave slightly.

:)
Sequential Pro-3, Elektron Analog Heat MK2, Elektron Analog RYTM MK2, Elektron Analog Four MK2, Pioneer Toraiz SP-16, Behringer TD-3, 104hp Modular Synth w/Mutable Instruments modules, 48hp Modular FX box with Intellijel Rainmaker and Audio I/O, Eventide H9 MAX

chysn

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2021, 08:37:16 PM »
This experimental 32-waveform wavetable takes advantage of the Pro 3's use of downsampled waveforms at different note numbers (that is, each Pro 3 wavetable is actually four independent wavetables). Rather than using versions of the same waveform, as is the convention, it uses two radically different waveform sets.

If you set Transpose to -1, the low third of the keyboard has a harmonically-rich wavetable, and the high two-thirds of the keyboard has a more fundamental wavetable built on rippled sine-like waveforms. Both wavetables were generated with Serum, and stitched together with my home-brew wavetable generator software.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 09:52:24 PM by chysn »
Pro 3

Previous: Mopho Keyboard, Desktop Mopho, Evolver, DSM01, DSM03
Software: macOS, Ableton, MuseScore2
GitHub: https://github.com/chysn