Attempting to map P12M to a NI S49,help with bidirectional communication!

Hello:)

I am mapping my Komplete Kontrol S49 to my Prophet 12 Module. I have so far assigned all the MIDI CCs to send from my keyboard into the module, and it is working fine. I need help with a couple things.

Seeing as my MIDI controller is sending CCs, I need it to update it's current CC values when a new patch is changed. (ex. updating pitch, delay time, and sending that info back into my controller) I have linked the MIDI ins and outs of both the module and my keyboard. I understand that the P12M will send the CC information OUT when a parameter change is made inside the module, but I need to dump the information into my controller when a new patch is opened.

Is this possible?
I spoke with a DSI rep yesterday and I believe he told me it is possible via SysEX dump. If anybody can point me to a place where I can educate myself on how I might begin setting this up, please provide me with some information!
Ideally I would like this to work as a standalone (using MIDI DIN to transfer all this information), but if I must patch and route the two internally with USB, this is an option as well.

Thank you!!

DASHR

For the way you want it it is not possible.

I wish they would make it possible, but like nearly every synth ever this functionality is not there. I have no idea why!

With the sysex you can request a sysex dump of all the parameters in a patch but this data is in sysex format not CCs.

For the way you want it it is not possible.

I wish they would make it possible, but like nearly every synth ever this functionality is not there. I have no idea why!

With the sysex you can request a sysex dump of all the parameters in a patch but this data is in sysex format not CCs.

As in, this functionality is not supported by the DS P12M or not a realistic undertaking with my controller? I understand that it may be possible to dump the sysex formatted information and convert it / patch it into the controller? Let me know, thanks.

DASHR

You could attempt to write some software on a computer that would take the sysex file from the P12 and send out all the relevant midi CCs/NRPNs to your controller. This would be quite an undertaking.