How to?

Mr Kay

• The Disease
How to?
« on: July 26, 2020, 01:29:51 PM »

Hi,

I try for a while to reproduce this kind of sound, any idea of which setting to use?

https://soundcloud.com/thedisease/son

Thanks  ;D

Sacred Synthesis

Re: How to?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 01:34:53 PM »
It sounds like a cluster of semi-tones that are slightly bent upwards with a wheel.

Mr Kay

• The Disease
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 03:27:19 PM »
Actually I thought the tone was noise or something like this, but a big chords of string style sounds played 2 octaves higher is already closer...

I guess the sound was make with a string machine and a big reverb...

Thank you very much  8)

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 10:06:49 PM »
Sounds to me that there are three different tracks and three different sounds.  The high sound is synth string based, three notes each a half step apart.  The pitch is probably controlled either with the pitch wheel or a very slow moving LFO.

The second is based upon a wind patch.  Starts with noise, probably pink noise.  The typical wind patch has the low pass filter controlled by an LFO which gives the rising and falling sound of the wind.  This patch sounds like the LPF is either manually controlled or by a repeating envelope.  That's how the chomping sound of the wind is created.

The third sound is a bass pulse rather atonal.  Probably start with a tympanic sound with the LPF set on a low setting to allow few highs.  The LPF would also be controlled by an envelope to give the plucking sound.

I think that one of the members of the Disease frequents this forum.  He might be able to give more insight.
Jim Thorburn .  Toys-  Dave Smith: Prophet 5, Rev 4; Prophet 08; Pro 2; Prophet 12 module; EastWest Orchestral soft synths; Yamaha S-90; Yamaha Montage 8, Yamaha DX-7; KARP Odyssey; Ensoniq ESQ-1.  All run through a Cubase DAW with a Tascam DM-24 board.

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 09:23:56 AM »
This can  probably be had in a single patch- or close enough at least.  But depends what instrument you want to do it on.   On the Modor NF1 I'd just use the "sonor" wave shape on osc 1, then slowly add in a second oscillator and slightly fade up the pitch.    On P12, same deal, but for the wave form just work with your noise and a little res. Add some tuned chorus perhaps.  Important part is that main meat of it is a "noisy" waveform.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1