Crackling. Calibration taking forever.

Crackling. Calibration taking forever.
« on: August 25, 2023, 06:11:42 PM »
Hi there,

I just received my Pro 3 SE today.  It's outside the range of serial numbers that had issues.  At first it sounded fine, then there was massive crackling at that I almost thought was going to blow my monitors.  This same crackling also came out of the headphones. 

Trying to recalibrate the oscillators seems to be taking an awful long time.  Its moving, but very slowly.  Its been four hours since I've started it and now it's at Calibrating 2040 Filter, Tuning Frequency 1.

Am I going to need to send this back?  (I'll probably just get a refund and forget about the entire thing since Vintage King didn't have any more)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 06:17:06 PM by Hanoveur »

Re: Crackling. Calibration taking forever.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 06:12:08 AM »
Definitely not normal to take that long. It should calibrate in 10 - 20 seconds roughly. It may be worth re-flashing the firmware.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 06:13:46 AM by Jonah66 »

Re: Crackling. Calibration taking forever.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2023, 09:56:28 PM »
I am having the crackling issue and calibration is now in its 3rd hour with no end in sight. I am however inside the 16xx serial number range. I re-flashed the operating system with no change. Resetting global parameters was a temporary bandaid, the crackling returned after about 30 seconds and has not subsided. It's in the headphones too. This thing is going to be returned...