Tower Pro3Editor Software on Windows 10 Success!!!!!

Tower Pro3Editor Software on Windows 10 Success!!!!!
« on: July 05, 2020, 10:34:29 AM »
Hi folks
I am a new poster and an OLD time Sequential Circuits user. Toured in the 90s with a Prophet600 and a pro one for many years. USed my pro600 with my first piece of software i purchased [Koan] promoted by Eno and generative parameters and composition was all the rage. Now they are called Intermorphic ifyou are interested

Anyway.  After i bought the Pro3 i took the leap and grabbed the Editor software that was linked on the page and it does not connect on Windows10. i updated to the latest o/s 1.0.3.45 just to make sure, switched out USB cables to make sure, tried with MIDI and still no connection.

In my studio, i have the Seq3 connected and working with Ableton [speaking to the DAW through Max and via a Class compliant MIDI-Uno cable. I've gone through the settings but i simply cannot get the software to connect and before i press for a refund and move on i wanted to ask and share if anyone has been using the VSTs successfully

My first notice was that the VSTs are instruments and controls but both appear as instruments and not as MIDI devices which is weird and when i drop them into the session they never connect and still say off-line

I'd love to hear any success stories because the plugins were not cheap for an editor and i am a little peeved presently

Anyway the Pro sounds amazing and i would love to explore and edit some patches whilst i work!

cheers

Patrick

I found the issue -- there is a special way to connect inside the Ableton DAW but the weblink that spawns when you have trouble renders a 404 error but some digging found this
http://soundtower.net/plugse_help/pro3_in_ableton.html

i can gladly report that the VSTs work in Ableton10 on windows10 with the latest firmware 1.0.3.345

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 11:25:59 AM by shreeswifty »

Re: Editor Software not working on Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 11:13:55 AM »
ok well i do not give up but i found several problems that prevented me from fixing this problem earlier.
When the Pro3 refuses to connect it has a link for "Host Settings" and then if you click that it takes you to a Non existent webpage, which you may say oh that's easy but it's not my job after spending 50$ to also make suggestions on their website. So after wasting two hours and finally opening a dispute with PayPal i hunted down THIS which should be accessible from the link that is spawned but does not work.

http://soundtower.net/plugse_help/pro3_in_ableton.html

The software connects and works fine now that the directions were discovered. It should not have to be this hard but i wanted to report that it DOES in fact work well and i will withdraw my complaint but add a caveat instead

pp

Re: Editor Software not working on Windows 10
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 11:27:42 AM »
Hi folks
I am a new poster and an OLD time Sequential Circuits user. Toured in the 90s with a Prophet600 and a pro one for many years. USed my pro600 with my first piece of software i purchased [Koan] promoted by Eno and generative parameters and composition was all the rage. Now they are called Intermorphic ifyou are interested

Anyway.  After i bought the Pro3 i took the leap and grabbed the Editor software that was linked on the page and it does not connect on Windows10. i updated to the latest o/s 1.0.3.45 just to make sure, switched out USB cables to make sure, tried with MIDI and still no connection.

In my studio, i have the Seq3 connected and working with Ableton [speaking to the DAW through Max and via a Class compliant MIDI-Uno cable. I've gone through the settings but i simply cannot get the software to connect and before i press for a refund and move on i wanted to ask and share if anyone has been using the VSTs successfully

My first notice was that the VSTs are instruments and controls but both appear as instruments and not as MIDI devices which is weird and when i drop them into the session they never connect and still say off-line

I'd love to hear any success stories because the plugins were not cheap for an editor and i am a little peeved presently

Anyway the Pro sounds amazing and i would love to explore and edit some patches whilst i work!

cheers

Patrick

So it was a bit of  pain for me to setup but I have it sorted now, but because I have Track and Sync switched OFF in ableton preferences I cannot use the keys on the Pro 3 to record a sequence, only my midi controllers. I can still record automation from the Pro3 though. These are the settings I have in Ableton. Remember no track and sync for the Pro 3, create a midi track, drag the vst into the midi track and then make sure midi settings in the Pro 3 are selected. Then I have a separate  audio channel with the Pro 3 coming in. I have USB set in Globals in the Pro 3 and NRPN selected for midi par send and receive. If you need anymore info let me know. Maybe take a screen grab of your midi setting and ableton settings if this doesnt work and I will see if I can spot something.

Re: Tower Pro3Editor Software on Windows 10 Success!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 11:29:11 AM »
Cool, glad you got it sorted.