Pro3 10.3.4 in depth bug report

W07

Pro3 10.3.4 in depth bug report
« on: July 05, 2020, 09:36:43 AM »
On friday i did my first live gig (via streaming for a local music club) with the Pro3. It's an amazing instrument, love it, but there are still some serious bugs with sync and timing.

I discovered there is a significant delay of any incoming midi signal. It's even worse when using a midi cable instead of usb,  it's on the verge of unuseable for tight rythmic stuff, you hear a microtiming flanging. it is also very noticeable with arps, since the first 16th that gets triggered is slightly late, followed by the arp catching up. If you send a new note every bar, you get this constantly drawing back and catching up rythm, sounding like a player that's hesitating, or slightly drunk.

I compared this to my Ob6, no such delay there (well there is some midi delay, but i can get it to lock tightly with  a daw clock)

Strangely, to get the thing in sync with my DAW, i have to offset the clock timing to plus 7 ms (on the OB6 it's minus 13 ms which seems normal accounting for about 7ms of audio latency and 7ms of midi latency)
This makes me think you've offset the midi in and clock to compensate for this in the hopes of getting a tighter clock, but it might be causing other issues

arp quantise doesn't work at all. It starts somewhere completely after the downbeat, sometimes an upbeat, sometimes an offbeat. triggering from daw or from keyboard gives the same result. i have to disable this to get anything decently synced.

the digital delay is also completely broken in this version,

when you have a delay enabled on fx1 and fx2 is disabled, switching the fx2 type from ddelay to bbdelay causes the fx1 delay to glitch in timing!

ddelay fx 1 does not work, both in sync and freerunning mode both with external and internal clock.
ddelay fx 2 works without sync. sync enabled stops the rate parameter from affecting the timing, so it stays like it was unsynced.

so far the only truly reliable live use i've had is by disabling external sync and setting manual bpm. at least it doesn't swerve drunkenly around the downbeat anymore then.

Re: Pro3 10.3.4 in depth bug report
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 05:35:37 AM »
I concur. The machine sounds lovely but has some serious issues at the moment that considering its price should have been handled better. I have similar issues in Ableton.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 05:38:34 AM by photobomber »

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 01:27:40 AM »
Have you reported these things to sequential support?

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 08:21:03 AM »
Hiya - I have and I have to say they are very helpful. However I'm not sure they will resolve the slowness in midi pickup changes as they are saying it is due to the complexity of the machine. As previously said on here, this makes it unusable for quick rhythmic changes.....A real shame as I would go as far as to say most other synths react fine to these. Certainly all my other synths have no problems. It is just the pro 3.

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 10:24:18 AM »
I can confirm that delay sync is broken when using external midi clock.  Changing time division has no effect.