Pro 3 CV Gate In?

Pro 3 CV Gate In?
« on: July 05, 2020, 05:49:25 AM »
Hi,

Is there any way to send gate into the Pro 3? It would be nice to be able to trigger envelopes/lfos from other hardware and use them externally. This is for scenarios where the Pro 3 is not the master sequencer.

I couldn’t see anything in the manual but maybe I missed something?

Thanks,

J

Re: Pro 3 CV Gate In?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 07:05:30 AM »
I wish the same. Unless I am missing something there is no gate in, only gate out. Was trying to get my intelligel metropolis sequencer to run the Pro 3 with my other gear and it looks like it’s not an option. Real pity as it would be amazing having the modulation capabilities of the Pro 3 while running a sequence from the modular.

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 07:32:19 AM »
Have you tried feeding the gate into the envelope follower?

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 08:48:37 AM »
Have you tried feeding the gate into the envelope follower?

Tried everything, I may be missing something but I cant seem to find a way.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 11:11:23 AM »
Gate signal into audio in, follow manual instructions for setting up envelope filter, but turn down Ext Audio level so you don’t hear the gate’s clicks. Keep in mind you can only use the dedicated follower’s AD envelope.

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 11:54:38 AM »
Gate signal into audio in, follow manual instructions for setting up envelope filter, but turn down Ext Audio level so you don’t hear the gate’s clicks. Keep in mind you can only use the dedicated follower’s AD envelope.

Neat trick, thanks for guiding me in the right direction. Fun to be had with modular now.

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2022, 10:44:12 AM »
another approach is to use sequencer, with 1 step sequence (Extended mode & 1 step), MODE:  Trigger, Play Source: CV1.  I believe you can trigger all the envelopes this way.

chysn

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2022, 11:54:25 AM »
Hopefully Sequential doesn't get the idea that an envelope follower is an adequate solution for Gate In for future instruments. Because it's a lame, lame-o, lame-o-saurus-rex workaround.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 11:56:02 AM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his