The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

Real time note record

Re: Real time note record
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2021, 09:26:08 AM »
+1 for Real Time Record.

I love this feature so much on my System-8, that would be awesome...

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2021, 02:50:09 AM »
Hello
one solution that I have found provided I have another machine/sequencer is to play on the Pro3 when the other machines are in play mode, to see where the notes played fall and thus manually transfer the notes to the Pro3 sequencer. It's fast enough but you have to have other machines ....... I have the xd minilogue and emx1 with a real-time recording sequencer 

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2021, 09:33:17 AM »
+ 1000 for realtime recording, no need for click track, most of us would play it along a drummachine or daw

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2021, 05:19:36 PM »
It is a feature I want to develop but is unlikely to be added without a great deal of work.

Here's another +1 vote, in case there is ever time to implement the feature.

If not, that's okay too... many of us have external sequencers for this sort of thing.  It'd just be nice to skip some steps by having it onboard.

The Pro 3 is already so nice, it's difficult to think of ways to improve it.  Real-time note sequencing is one of very few things on that list.

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2021, 02:38:05 PM »
+1 on this feature request.
In addition, I would love to be able to insert notes and rests in the sequence.  For example, push the remaining notes to the right when you insert.  Of course, delete with the opposite result would be nice too.  While I am at it, slew on particular steps would be nice instead of global.  Or is that already implemented?