Real time note record

Re: Real time note record
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2021, 09:26:08 AM »
+1 for Real Time Record.

I love this feature so much on my System-8, that would be awesome...

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2021, 02:50:09 AM »
Hello
one solution that I have found provided I have another machine/sequencer is to play on the Pro3 when the other machines are in play mode, to see where the notes played fall and thus manually transfer the notes to the Pro3 sequencer. It's fast enough but you have to have other machines ....... I have the xd minilogue and emx1 with a real-time recording sequencer 

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2021, 09:33:17 AM »
+ 1000 for realtime recording, no need for click track, most of us would play it along a drummachine or daw

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2021, 05:19:36 PM »
It is a feature I want to develop but is unlikely to be added without a great deal of work.

Here's another +1 vote, in case there is ever time to implement the feature.

If not, that's okay too... many of us have external sequencers for this sort of thing.  It'd just be nice to skip some steps by having it onboard.

The Pro 3 is already so nice, it's difficult to think of ways to improve it.  Real-time note sequencing is one of very few things on that list.

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2021, 02:38:05 PM »
+1 on this feature request.
In addition, I would love to be able to insert notes and rests in the sequence.  For example, push the remaining notes to the right when you insert.  Of course, delete with the opposite result would be nice too.  While I am at it, slew on particular steps would be nice instead of global.  Or is that already implemented?

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2021, 05:13:19 PM »
+1

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2021, 07:05:16 AM »
1000 + for real time recording!!!!

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2022, 11:13:04 AM »
Any progress on this???  I would love this too and was surprised it did not do this having the sequence triggered to start with something else and being able to record notes in while it was playing.

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2023, 05:58:52 AM »
+1 Please :-)

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2023, 09:44:01 AM »
+1 on this feature request.
In addition, I would love to be able to insert notes and rests in the sequence.  For example, push the remaining notes to the right when you insert.  Of course, delete with the opposite result would be nice too.  While I am at it, slew on particular steps would be nice instead of global.  Or is that already implemented?

I was surprised slew per step was not included on Pro3.  This function is on the Pro2 and more useful, musical than the general whole track preset slew.   I assume the duration feature took the place of that on the LED screen, but an update including that would be nice.  If not... well, at least my Pro 2 sequencer wont be forever forgotten ;)
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2023, 11:56:30 AM »
I figured out the best way to have this implemented. The Tempest’s click functionality steals a single voice from the engine. The manual advises that “Although the click steals one of the voices from the engine, after a couple sounds are recorded, you shouldn’t need it and it can be turned off.”

Why not do this with the white noise section? Just have the noise default to a short four on the floor style sequence in order to audibly gauge the metronome.

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2023, 04:55:25 AM »
+1 on this feature, even if it's just like recording other kinds of automation, that is, while pressing record it replaces the note on the current step.