High pitched noise at 5k ever present in Pro 3 Signal path

High pitched noise at 5k ever present in Pro 3 Signal path
« on: July 03, 2020, 09:43:19 PM »
Is anyone else experiencing this. My gain staging is perfect. It is there with or without usb. It only appears when the vca is opened, aka i press a key with an oscillator turned up. Its too loud to be out of the way. Have tried balanced, unbalaced, isolated power, shared power, different inputs. Its happening in the pro 3. I have entered a support ticket but dont expect to hear back till monday. Wondering if anyone has encountered this as im hoping the record the synth without having to use a notch filter dead centre the high mids....

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
Re: High pitched noise at 5k ever present in Pro 3 Signal path
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 11:14:47 AM »
I do not have any sound like that present in my Pro 3 thank goodness, but 3 months ago I bought a Prophet 12 Keyboard and I began to notice this high pitched ringing artifact that was present in every patch and especially noticeable in bass sounds with the filter closed.  Sequential tech confirmed that the main voice board required a repair. 

I posted on the Prophet 12 forum really curious if any other owners ever experienced that but haven’t heard any other confirmation of that issue. 

I hope you can get that sorted out on your Pro 3
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 11:19:01 AM »
What did you end up doing about the prophet 12? Did you have the voice board repaired?

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 11:59:30 AM »
Yes, just 4 days ago I ended up taking the main voice board out of the synth and I shipped it to Sequential for repair. 

It was very upsetting because the Prophet 12 is so inspiring but I couldn’t even play it anymore because that damn artifact was so annoying so I’m very excited it will be repaired. 

Has this problem on your Pro 3 been like that from the moment you 1st turned it on?

SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 12:24:40 PM »
Got it in early June and has been in one spot. My first attempt making a record with it was what made the noise apparent to me. Hopefully your P12 gets home safe soon.