What is SV LP-N-HP ?

korfu

What is SV LP-N-HP ?
« on: July 01, 2020, 10:43:42 AM »
I am unsure what the SV stands for in this mod destination. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

Re: What is SV LP-N-HP ?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 11:15:52 AM »
I am unsure what the SV stands for in this mod destination. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

SV = State Variable - This control only affects the SV 2-Pole Oberheim filter, and swings it from Low Pass -> Notch -> High Pass mode.

There's a sort of hidden control in the mod matrix too..  I've been meaning to record a video demo about it.   There's an additional destination for "SV Norm-BP", which is routed to the Band Pass mode of the SV filter.   From the panel, you just get a switch for 100% ON|OFF for the bandpass mode, but by using this mod destination, you get a continuously adjustable variation of the Bandpass...  you can get some really interesting sounds by mapping LFO to this parameter, or other sources.   

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

Re: What is SV LP-N-HP ?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 11:48:08 AM »

SV = State Variable - This control only affects the SV 2-Pole Oberheim filter, and swings it from Low Pass -> Notch -> High Pass mode.

There's a sort of hidden control in the mod matrix too..  I've been meaning to record a video demo about it.   There's an additional destination for "SV Norm-BP", which is routed to the Band Pass mode of the SV filter.   From the panel, you just get a switch for 100% ON|OFF for the bandpass mode, but by using this mod destination, you get a continuously adjustable variation of the Bandpass...  you can get some really interesting sounds by mapping LFO to this parameter, or other sources.   
Oh nice. I've not messed with that because I had assumed it was binary, i.e. over a certain value BP mode is on, otherwise it's off. I'll have to play with that!