Controlling External Effects

Controlling External Effects
« on: July 01, 2020, 09:38:08 AM »
Hey!
I have a few midi controlled effect pedals and a few questions!
1. Is there a way to send PC messages from the PRO3 on a particular channel that the effects are subscribed to? (I'm assuming no)
2. Is there a way to send CC messages to a particular channel by setting a modulation destination to control various aspects of my effects. in other words, can i use the mod wheel to update settings on my external effects by sending CC messages on a partical channel? I was under the impression that i could, but looking under the mod destinations, the destinations say things like MIDI 2 CC 1, MIDI 2 CC 2, but then jump to MIDI 2 CC 4, MIDI 2 CC 11, I'm not very clear on how to set the channel of the external device and the CC number (I'd assume that the amount would control the CC value to send).
3. I have a digitakt that has the master clock. I'm able to get the effects to tempo sync using the 'thru' on my PRO3, but it seems like the midi clock doesn't go through Midi1 or Midi2 outs on the PRO3 when i use an external clock. Should this be working? Am I doing something wrong here?

I'm on the latest beta btw. 1.0.3.45
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Controlling External Effects
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 12:04:31 PM »
Is bumping allowed?