Editor for ob6 and p6

Editor for ob6 and p6
« on: June 30, 2020, 09:15:18 PM »
Hey y'all.  Does anybody know of a free editor for the sense that I work with a DAW.? All I need really is something for parameter automation.

Thank you!

Re: Editor for ob6 and p6
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 07:19:47 PM »
Can't you just use CC automation in your DAW? That works fine for me in Reaper...do it all the time. In the manual for the OB6 there is an extensive map of all the parameters that can be automated, and in Reaper you just create an automation lane and assign the appropriate parameter. I used to do it in SONAR as well, but had to create extra tracks and link them. I remember trying to do it once in LIVE, and never figured it out...

You can run Reaper for free (after a while they would prefer you paid $65, but won't stop you from using it) and see if you think the automation is worth the effort if your current DAW has problems with MIDI CC automation.
DSI OB-6, Nord Electro 3HP & 6HP, Roland SoundCanvas SC55mkii, Beatstep Pro, KeyStep, Roland SE-02, MPD18 (+mpcstuff), Roland TD-4 V-drums, Fender-Rhodes Stage MK1, Reaper, plus dozens of acoustic instruments