P6 Arp question

P6 Arp question
« on: April 11, 2016, 01:04:03 PM »
When using hold for the Arp. Is there a way i can play different notes/chords after the last has finished without retriggering?  I cant seem to play different chords smoothly.  Thanks!

Re: P6 Arp question
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 01:06:35 PM »
When using hold for the Arp. Is there a way i can play different notes/chords after the last has finished without retriggering?  I cant seem to play different chords smoothly.  Thanks!

Not really. Hold acts as if you would hold down at least one key manually. So whatever note you add in hold mode will be added to the arpeggio.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 02:27:38 PM »
That makes the sequencer much less useful if it cannot play notes simultaneously with other synced instruments. I am having a hard time believing this won't work--someone please tell me otherwise.

I was looking at this to replace a Sub 37 but this is a deal breaker.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.
Nord Wave 2
Echo Fabric - electro-jazz chill
https://echofabric.com

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 02:31:47 PM »
That makes the sequencer much less useful if it cannot play notes simultaneously with other synced instruments. I am having a hard time believing this won't work--someone please tell me otherwise.

I was looking at this to replace a Sub 37 but this is a deal breaker.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Well, we were talking about the apreggiator, not the sequencer. What exactly are you trying to do with the sequence?

Also: The Prophet-6's sequencer is very simple. If you're looking for a Sub 37 replacement in terms of sequencer functionality, the Prophet-6 won't be for you.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 02:38:58 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

Specifically, I want to connect the Prophet 6 to my Nord Lead A1 via MIDI, and synchronize the arpeggiators on the Nord to the sequencer on the Prophet. I need to be sure that a note played on the downbeat on the Prophet occurs at the same time as the corresponding arpeggiator note on the Nord. Is this possible? I would think it should be.

I know the sequencer is not as fully featured as the Sub 37, but it might be good enough for my purposes...better in some ways because of the polyphonic capability.

Thanks!

Nord Wave 2

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 03:03:41 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

Specifically, I want to connect the Prophet 6 to my Nord Lead A1 via MIDI, and synchronize the arpeggiators on the Nord to the sequencer on the Prophet. I need to be sure that a note played on the downbeat on the Prophet occurs at the same time as the corresponding arpeggiator note on the Nord. Is this possible? I would think it should be.

That should be possible via MIDI clock, yes.

I know the sequencer is not as fully featured as the Sub 37, but it might be good enough for my purposes...better in some ways because of the polyphonic capability.

Well, the sequencer of the Prophet-6 is more or less a note recording and playback device. You can't automate parameters or affect modulation destinations, nor do you have all the other options (arp modes applied to the sequencer, ratched, etc).

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 03:17:18 PM »
Great, thank you! I am going to check one out in person tomorrow.

PS: I looked at the Prophet 6 but ended up ordering a Pro 2 because of the better sequencer and more possible waveforms. And I like the display. I think it will make a great replacement for my Sub 37.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 03:36:34 PM by Jon Lukas »
Nord Wave 2

P6 Arp question
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 10:21:21 AM »
Allowing the Arpegigator to finish its notes before playing another chord would seem to be something that could be done
with firmware update.  When playing chords using the arp. that function would allow smooth transition rather than retrigger.  I had a cheap korg x50 that had that as a selectable option and it really was a huge benefit.  Worse case scenario i have to use an arpegigator on a different machine and transmit via midi.