PX would not boot until 5 tries.

PX would not boot until 5 tries.
« on: June 23, 2020, 02:10:04 PM »
My 2 month old PX would not boot until 5 tries of rebooting. Each time, nothing happened after the status bar reads complete. 5th time it came up finally. Disconcerting to say the least. Message sent to support.

Re: PX would not boot until 5 tries.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 06:05:52 PM »
I just started having the exact same issue on my prophet x, except i never make it to the booted page. Right before a gig :(

Attempting syx installs via midi to no avail so far. pretty bummed, but glad to know other people are having similar issues.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 11:13:17 AM »
It hasn't repeated with about another 5 start ups. I'm using it every day.

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 04:41:13 AM »
My 2 month old PX would not boot until 5 tries of rebooting. Each time, nothing happened after the status bar reads complete. 5th time it came up finally. Disconcerting to say the least. Message sent to support.

SAME HERE, but it wont start, even after dozens of tries. Any other ideas? Is there no key-command during start that would reset the machine?

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 11:06:10 AM »

SAME HERE, but it wont start, even after dozens of tries. Any other ideas? Is there no key-command during start that would reset the machine?

Hasn't happen to me again since my last post. I've been using it a lot too.

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2020, 02:17:09 AM »
Im am trying together with the service hotline to get mine working. They did send a new SSD, but it won't work. I guess, the pc mainboard is somehow dead. The boot- sequence runs even without the SSD attached. Hopefully, a new board will fix this. I am getting a bit nervous, because I do not want to ship this big thing to the USA. DHL and UPS have destroyed too many instruments in the past.