Feature Request: add a duophonic option in the unison list for the OB-6 and P6

Right now the unison button options are 1,2,3,4,5,6,CHd. I propose adding "DUO" also which would enable a duophonic mode. I think this might be possible with just a firmware change.

Or maybe call it PA2 for 2 note paraphonic?

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 10:47:18 AM by bkinbkin »

Kevin

+1 For this.

The Jupiter 6 and The MKS80 have this. Unison mode will split the voices depending on how many keys are pressed.

1 Key On = 6 Voices per Key
2 Keys On = 3 Voices per Key
3 Keys On = 2 Voices per Key etc..

The 2 & 3 note unison chords sound great.
It also has Solo-Unison mode, which creates a mono synth which always has 6 voice Unison.

Would LOVE some bi-timbrality in there too, split and layer options? Yes please!

+1

It would be really awesome to use monotimbral bass with a 5-voice poly synth on top of it... for example...

+1 For this.

The Jupiter 6 and The MKS80 have this. Unison mode will split the voices depending on how many keys are pressed.

1 Key On = 6 Voices per Key
2 Keys On = 3 Voices per Key
3 Keys On = 2 Voices per Key etc..

The 2 & 3 note unison chords sound great.
It also has Solo-Unison mode, which creates a mono synth which always has 6 voice Unison.
I agree that this would be awesome. One caveat, I would not like to lose the uniquely monosynth capabilities for retriggering (vs. not) and various trill options that are in the OB-6 / Prophet. It really is a superb monosynth for solo lead work (as well as it's 6-voice powers...)
DSI OB-6, Nord Electro 3HP & 6HP, Roland SoundCanvas SC55mkii, Beatstep Pro, KeyStep, Roland SE-02, MPD18 (+mpcstuff), Roland TD-4 V-drums, Fender-Rhodes Stage MK1, Reaper, plus dozens of acoustic instruments

+1

I just don't understand why is not already there. If I put Unison in 3 voices, shouldn't be obvious to be able to play 2 keys with 3 voices?
please DS!

I'd love to have that option.

Micky

I would like to have just a simple, real paraphonic Duophone mode. Two voices duophone playable, so two osc´s different to trigger but only one filter, envelopes etc.

+1 For this.

Having "DUO" for 2 note polyphony with 3 unison voices, and "TRI" for 3 note polyphony with 2 unison voices would be so handy! No need to mess with the existing modes that way.

Waiting for that, have the same with my MKS 80, it's so cool, you can play unison chord this way. sounds really nice!

Meh, I'd rather just see Poly Unison implemented over duophony.

LPF83

It's one of the best (yet least talked about) features of the P10, it terms of raw tone it will make Jupiter 8 owners wanna jump ship when they hear it.  Only issue with adding it to OB-6 and P6 is that you then only have three notes of polyphony.  Better than not having it, sure, but not enough for proper chords.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

It's one of the best (yet least talked about) features of the P10, it terms of raw tone it will make Jupiter 8 owners wanna jump ship when they hear it.  Only issue with adding it to OB-6 and P6 is that you then only have three notes of polyphony.  Better than not having it, sure, but not enough for proper chords.

Yep, I love it on the P10. I’ve done some patches which use it to great effect - one oscillator doubled to get the thickness and then the second oscillator on a pulse wave, pitched an octave up and sending the envelope to the pulse width vi the poly mod so that it only becomes audible after a second or two, which gives a kind of pseudo shimmer reverb effect. It’s pretty cool.