Anyone out there have the OS 2.1.0 bin file??

Anyone out there have the OS 2.1.0 bin file??
« on: June 15, 2020, 10:16:22 AM »

Anyone out there have the OS 2.1.0 bin file?  I can't seem to find it anywhere and I've been waiting for customer support to get back to me.  I need to revert back after having major midi issues with the latest update. 

Re: Anyone out there have the OS 2.1.0 bin file??
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 11:08:27 AM »

Anyone out there have the OS 2.1.0 bin file?  I can't seem to find it anywhere and I've been waiting for customer support to get back to me.  I need to revert back after having major midi issues with the latest update.

Here you go.....

What MIDI problems are you having? Is it with SYSEX dumps to the synth just freezing the synth? I have a case on this in with Sequential which has been open for about six months now, and I am getting a little frustrated with it all as it diminishes the experience of what is otherwise a brilliant synth!

I do mean to sort out a detailed diagnostic report and go through the different OSs, as I think it has gotten worse not better in later updates. But I have been rammed for time lately. 

I have also discovered a reproducible bug with SYSEX dumps to the edit buffer that screws some of the parameters. That report is 8 months old now.....

I would have hoped that as a small company, Sequential would have been more responsive to reported problems compared to corporate behemoths like Yamaha, who never fixed the SYSEX problems in their mighty EX5 that corrupted data on both import and export (fortunately I found and programmed workarounds in my EX5 librarian).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 11:15:36 AM by Derek Cook »
Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!