How to fix SLOW PROGRAM (PATCH) CHANGES??!!

How to fix SLOW PROGRAM (PATCH) CHANGES??!!
« on: June 14, 2020, 11:09:57 AM »
I use Ableton for automatic program(patch) changes on the my prophetXL and usually everything works very smoothly but there are some patches that take a couple seconds to fully load and obviously then I'm late on the changes in a song. 

Even without Ableton connected, some programs(patches) on the prophetXL still take much longer than others.  Wondering if someone knows why this is and if i can edit anything in these patches so they load faster?

Re: How to fix SLOW PROGRAM (PATCH) CHANGES??!!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 01:49:12 PM »
I use Ableton for automatic program(patch) changes on the my prophetXL and usually everything works very smoothly but there are some patches that take a couple seconds to fully load and obviously then I'm late on the changes in a song. 

Even without Ableton connected, some programs(patches) on the prophetXL still take much longer than others.  Wondering if someone knows why this is and if i can edit anything in these patches so they load faster?

The instrument samples used in the patch should be the primary reason why some will load slower than others.  The only tip that leaps to mind without a lot more work is to check to see if you're only using Layer A or B and if not, save a copy of the preset with the instruments in the layer you're not using set to Instrument # 1 (silence) instead.

Re: How to fix SLOW PROGRAM (PATCH) CHANGES??!!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 10:09:41 AM »
Ok thanks, I'll give that a shot.  I actually updated my firmware which helped a lot! However, now all midi cuts out after a few program changes.......sounds like a common bug with the new firmware.  So, now i have much bigger problems than just a small delay as I need to find the original firmware. Currently on hold with customer support. UGGGGGGGGH whack-a-mole of life hahaha.