le owner here my impression

le owner here my impression
« on: June 10, 2020, 06:12:51 PM »
something about this keyboard sounded good like i needed to own it...  i had a pro-one back in 92 or so and always loved it.  i tried the behringer clone and took it back, it just didnt feel right.  this however feels right!

id love to be able to trigger the lfo in one shot mode

the grunge comes on too quickly imho

boy those knobs are tight!

LEDs are sooo bright, but i havent checked if they can be dimmed yet.

it would be super duper if there was a usb ’a‘ plug for a lamp or something.

i would love a (multiband?)compressor/limiter in the effects section

can i put my own wavetables?

this is a gorgeous sounding machine!  kudos on the distortion, filter drive, tuned feedback, audio rate modulation, and the mod matrix.  they are delicious and feel exciting and new fangled.  my le feels like it will be with me for a while and gain value over time. its great to use a sequential product!

Re: le owner here my impression
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 09:32:32 PM »
SE not LE my bad

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 11:03:02 PM »
You can't import your own wavetables...but that might be implemented in a firmware down the road.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 09:35:56 AM »
You can't import your own wavetables...but that might be implemented in a firmware down the road.

this is good news...  is there an editing utility by chance?  i havent searched yet.  even midi sample dump standard would be hella cool for user wavetables.  it is 2020 ya know.  :P

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 11:39:58 AM »

this is good news...  is there an editing utility by chance?  i havent searched yet.  even midi sample dump standard would be hella cool for user wavetables.  it is 2020 ya know.  :P

Somewhere I read that they were planning on something "even better" than user import. No idea what that would be. Draw your own?

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 12:14:45 PM »
Even
Somewhere I read that they were planning on something "even better" than user import. No idea what that would be. Draw your own?

Even better?   :o  I'm intrigued. 

Hmmm...  Maybe record a 2-4 second mono sound into Ext In, and then its auto analyzed and chopped into XX wavetable keyframes and imported as a wavetable set?  (like "S-e-qu-en-ti-al")...  although, probably more likely (and more flexible) for something like this to be a computer utility. 

After experimenting with Wavetable sequencing on the "EigthOh8" wavetable, I can see that there's some really cool possibilities to have wavetable keyframes of real distinct, separate sounds in addition to more closely related sounds.   They packed hi-hats, toms, kick, snare, ride and more into that wavetable stack.  I'd be interested in importing some more drum wavetable libraries if a tool like this were to be added. 

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral