The display switches suddenly

The display switches suddenly
« on: June 06, 2020, 11:41:42 PM »
The other day, I finally got Pro3.
I have a little problem.
While I'm editing, the display unintentionally changes to something else.
For example, while you're editing an oscillator, it may change to the filter's display.

Is the knob too sensitive?
Or is it an OS issue?

Is there any solution?
Prophet6, Prophet12, Prophet REV2, TETRA, PRO2, PRO3,  Moog Minitaur, Moog Mother32, Nord Lead 2x, YAMAHA EX5

Re: The display switches suddenly
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 12:05:39 AM »
I had the same problem, contacted support, got a new pot, replaced it, still had the problem, updated the firmware, and haven’t had the problem since. Fingers crossed   

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 01:25:04 AM »
Thanks, guyaguy!

Which pot is it specifically?
Can I exchange the pots myself?

My PRO3 doesn't know which pot caused it.
Prophet6, Prophet12, Prophet REV2, TETRA, PRO2, PRO3,  Moog Minitaur, Moog Mother32, Nord Lead 2x, YAMAHA EX5

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 05:26:57 AM »
This happened to me too due to a faulty filter pot.  Contact support, they'll be able to help you out and yes if it is the filter cutoff pot it is something you can do yourself.

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4325.0.html

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 05:51:28 AM »
This happened to me too due to a faulty filter pot.  Contact support, they'll be able to help you out and yes if it is the filter cutoff pot it is something you can do yourself.

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4325.0.html

Thank you very much.
First, contact

Moho

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2020, 09:40:42 AM »
Mine does it too but so randomly I assumed I was just touching the cutoff knob while editing, or the knob position was between two values and vibration nudged it to a new value.

If the pot is faulty is it more regular than this?

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 10:48:31 AM »
Mine does it too but so randomly I assumed I was just touching the cutoff knob while editing, or the knob position was between two values and vibration nudged it to a new value.

If the pot is faulty is it more regular than this?
I’m not convinced it’s a pot issue. I replaced mine and still had the problem. It didn’t go away until the second Beta firmware was released.

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 05:47:21 PM »
Mine happened on both firmwares, and only seemed to happen once I passed a certain range on the cutoff pot. I think it was in the 200-700 range on the knob if I remember right, once I crossed that threshold the filter value would scroll on it's own and the display would keep reverting to the cutoff screen no matter what.

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 10:05:09 PM »
Mine is doing this, too, and I am on the latest beta.

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 12:00:05 AM »
I think i remember someone recommended changing knob mode to passthru?

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2021, 10:34:12 AM »
Does that help?

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2021, 04:27:50 PM »
Does that help?

Yes and no.  It prevents values from changing on their own, but it doesn't prevent the screen focus from moving to a different set of controls.

If you have issues with settings changing on their own, contact support for the fix.  Mine came with this issue, but support got me everything I needed to take care of it.

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2021, 08:37:40 PM »
Thanks for the reply. The only thing is, I am not real keen on doing a hardware repair on a machine that was just bought for $1600. Software and firmware updates, sure.

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2021, 08:50:07 PM »
I should also add that mine is very intermittent. Usually only happens when the synth sits idle for a little while.

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2021, 10:41:53 PM »
Speaking of the filter knob.
 I believe my pro 3 filter cutoff sometimes changes values on its own but its only happened a handful of times and I was thinking I must have got it from random midi being sent out of Ableton.
 Maybe this is a related issue?
 It usually presents as Ill have Ableton sending midi to pro3, then suddenly the cutoff value closes to a point where the sound almost disappears..I can manually open filter to hear the sound again. This only happens maybe once every 5 hours of use.
 Has that been a known bug?

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2021, 11:13:44 PM »
I'm thinking this is a bug, I have had intermittent issues with the display switching to filter OR VCA ADSR while remaining idle. I tried the newest BETA, but there seems to be other issues there (VCO triggering, etc.) so I downgraded to the last official. I hope this gets worked out soon. I love the synth otherwise!

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2021, 04:43:48 PM »
I am contacting support on mine. It has interrupted playing and cause the sound to change randomly. That won't do it for me as I am a live performer.

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2021, 07:51:59 PM »
Mine appears to be the filter pot, it keeps coming back to that.

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2021, 08:17:21 PM »
Actually, mine switches to both VCA AND FILTER. It is going to be returned as defective since it is under full warranty and only bought about 10 days ago.