Sequencer: To erase an existing sequence?

ARNK

• Audio wishes from planet Mars / MEME DespiZer
    • Returning to Zero
Sequencer: To erase an existing sequence?
« on: June 05, 2020, 04:18:01 PM »
When I turn on the sequencer, all 16 LED's light up. How do I clear them all to start from scratch.

The manual says to:

1. Press & hold TRACK SELECT
2. Turn soft knob 1
3. Press soft key 4 to execute the CLEAR TRACK command
4. Release the TRACK SELECT button

That said, when I hold TRACK SELECT and select Track 1, soft knob 4 is "Mute: On/Off" now, not CLEAR TRACK.
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

Re: Sequencer: To erase an existing sequence?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 01:46:41 AM »
Hey there,

Not able to check right now, but by pressing record and entering any number of notes via the keybed the previous sequence is erased isn`t it? Also while in record mode you can skip steps by pressing the following step button.

what I really like is also fast swapping between sequences live by pressing the compare button!
hope that helps

ARNK

• Audio wishes from planet Mars / MEME DespiZer
    • Returning to Zero
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 03:27:19 AM »
Hey there,

Not able to check right now, but by pressing record and entering any number of notes via the keybed the previous sequence is erased isn`t it? Also while in record mode you can skip steps by pressing the following step button.

True, you can hit record and key something in. Thanks
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 09:05:52 PM »
The question remains.

How do you erase a sequence. The manual states:
2. Turn soft knob 1

But just like the OP, when I hold TRACK SELECT and select Track 1, soft knob 4 is "Mute: On/Off" now, not CLEAR TRACK.

I don't want to enter my sequence on top of an existing sequence. I want to erase the existing sequence and start from a blank sequence.

Where is the clear track command? It's also shown in manual addendum 1.2, but in OS 1.4 it doesn't appear to be available.

Can anyone please advise?

Track Mute On/Off exists where Clear Track should. Is this feature just gone now, in lieu of Track Mutes instead?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 09:12:02 PM by AJ317 »

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 12:28:46 PM »
The manual states:
2. Turn soft knob 1

But just like the OP, when I hold TRACK SELECT and select Track 1, soft knob 4 is "Mute: On/Off" now, not CLEAR TRACK.

How do I clear them all to start from scratch.

Okay, I've figured this out. Perhaps it was changed in a later OS and not updated in any documentation,
Use Track Select + Track # key to select the track you want to clear.
Now hold down the SEQUENCER button and the display will show the options on soft keys Copy Track / Clear All / Clear Track.

:)