MIDI recording whit LOGIC PRO X (need help)

MIDI recording whit LOGIC PRO X (need help)
« on: June 05, 2020, 05:40:56 AM »
hello,

I need your help concerning the REV2 and the recording of MIDI part with LOGIC PRO X (10.2.0)

The REV2 is plugged with MIDI DIN cables (IN & OUT)
The REV2 is on LOCAL OF.
For the moment it's OK. I can hear sound of REV2.

I create a track "External MIDI", I use the midi channel 2.
I can hear sound of REV2.

As soon as I clic the 'R' of record in LOGIC, I can't heart the sound of REV2  :-\ When I start the recording, the MIDI notes are recorded, when I clic on PLAY, I can heart that it's recorded sucessfully.

How to do to hear in same time than I'm playing during the recording?

The version of REV2 is ver.1.1.5.9

Just a remark, I havn't this issue with the Nord Stage.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 06:20:40 AM by Phillius »

maxter

Re: MIDI recording whit LOGIC PRO X (need help)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 07:32:11 AM »
i'm not a Logic user, but I highly suspect it may be a case of some "monitoring" settings in Logic. Monitoring essentially means whether you want to hear the audio inputs on certain tracks depending on the situation, at playback, when recording, or when doing neither.

If this is the case, then you'd want to set monitoring to "record", "record+playback", "all" or something like that, for the tracks you want to monitor when recording.

Hope this helps, good luck!
The Way the Truth and the Life

Re: MIDI recording whit LOGIC PRO X (need help)
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 08:43:16 AM »
Thanks for your answer.

You are right, your method sems be logic... but it's the part that I don't understand on side LOGIC PRO... I don't know where I can set these options.

It's a long time I try to solve this issue... but... difficult... I have my Prohet since 2 years, I never used correcly with LOGIC PRO. I use always another step ("internal instrument", record the event midi, copy/past the REGION to "External Instrument" etc... but it's not the best method.

That I found this afternoon (CET I'm french, in France)
If I set the PORT to NONE, I can hear the REV2 during recording. see file screenshoot attached.

But to hear it on the PLAY, I have to set the PORT to "Prophet" and select the right midi channel 2.

Also I found that if I select other midi channel I can hear the REV2 during the recording, but I send to other channel...  :-\

In fact, really I don't understand how use the "External instrument" with the PROPHET in LOGIC.

I hope meet here some people using LOGIC PRO X, and the REV2 in MIDI.

I repeat, I have an old Korg Wavesation, it's OK, with the Nord Stage 3, all is OK, and with Nord Drum3P all is ok.