Envelope 3 repeat

Envelope 3 repeat
« on: May 31, 2020, 06:36:54 PM »
I am trying to figure out how to use and understand the Envelope 3 repeat function in misc parameters.  I have the 08 desktop module and have figured out how to turn it on, however envelope 3 is off. 

Re: Envelope 3 repeat
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 05:47:49 AM »
A few things to check;
- Have you set a destination for the envelope?
- Have you set the envelope amount? The default is zero, and will have no effect until you change it.
- Try changing the attack/decay/sustain/release values. Sometimes the envelope is repeating so fast that the effect is hard to pinpoint.

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 04:49:37 PM »
Ah I think I'm starting to figure it out, I was confused thinking you could use envelope 3 to loop a chord progression so you could play over that looped chord progression.  Is this used to loop the sound to play after you hit a certain note or chord?

Bare with me I'm a guitarist switching over to the Synth world and thanks for the reply!

panic

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 02:46:11 AM »
Is this used to loop the sound to play after you hit a certain note or chord?
Not really. To put it a bit simple: it turns env 3 into an LFO. What it will do will depend is what you set as destination (for example: destination filter frequency will give you a wahwah like effect; routed to volume (env 2 amount) will give you tremolo; ...)

edit: addition: I very rarely use the "loop env 3" function, always LFOs for this kind of modulation. should take some time to experiment with it
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 03:00:29 AM by panic »