SIMPLE MIDI OVER USB DOESNT WORK

SIMPLE MIDI OVER USB DOESNT WORK
« on: May 28, 2020, 05:07:17 PM »
After reading every post in here regarding the midi setup for Ableton, for whatever, syncing the sequencer etc im still wondering why something as simple as recording midi notes into Ableton doesn't work... All my global settings are correct. Have tried different things, restarting ableton, disabling it as a midi device, re enabling it, unpluggin the cable and restarting synth.... Still... Best i can get is midi sent to the pro3.... Please help!

Re: SIMPLE MIDI OVER USB DOESNT WORK
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 03:07:31 AM »
After reading every post in here regarding the midi setup for Ableton, for whatever, syncing the sequencer etc im still wondering why something as simple as recording midi notes into Ableton doesn't work... All my global settings are correct. Have tried different things, restarting ableton, disabling it as a midi device, re enabling it, unpluggin the cable and restarting synth.... Still... Best i can get is midi sent to the pro3.... Please help!

I am not near my machine at the moment but will post my settings as soon as I can. I am using Ableton, windows 10 and USB, all works fine for me now. So are you saying if you press a key on the Pro 3 no midi is recorded. Or are you talking about recording the midi notes from the sequencer?

Also are you on the latest beta version?

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 10:34:01 AM »
So in Ableton I have a midi channel set as follows

Midi From- Pro 3
Monitor- OFF
Midi To- Pro 3

I then have an audio channel with Audio from My Pro 3 and Monitor set to IN

I am able to play the Pro 3 keys and record midi, and also record the Sequencer notes.

I also have MIDI Ports in Ableton preferences set as follows
Input- Track-ON
Output- track- Sync-ON

in the Pro 3,  Midi settings are as follows
1.MIDI CHANNEL -ALL
2.SLAVE NO S/S
2.USB
4.USB
5.NRPN
6.NRPN
7.ON
8.ON
9.USB
10.USB
11.ON
12.0N
13.ON
14.OFF

I haven't touched anything in General and Local Control is ON.

The only things I do different now is I have midi preferences turned OFF in ableton but that is because I use the VST plugin that I bought. But I have just tested it the normal way and it all works fine.

Hopefully there is one of those stages that has been missed for you and its as simple as pressing a button.

Good luck.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 04:46:07 PM »
Thanks for the details! I checked, my settings were the same. Was still getting no signs of life, but happened to try again unplugging the midi cable in the back of pro 3 after adjusting the settings back and fourth and its working as expected... Hopefully this isnt a reoccuring thing. Appreciate the help.

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 01:05:19 AM »
Actually come to think of it I had the reverse issue when I updated to the latest firmware, USB worked but midi cables wouldn’t send the sequencer. Unplugged everything, tried again and it all worked. Maybe it’s just one of those glitches that happens once and then everything is fine!