Mod destination: CV1 Trig Out (?)

Mod destination: CV1 Trig Out (?)
« on: May 28, 2020, 09:19:38 AM »
I used to control my eurorack rig - about 4 rows of 104hp - with my Pro 2.  I sold all that thinking I could substitute a MatrixBrute - huge mistake, after years it still has bugs which I find are completely unacceptable.
So I got a Pro 3, as I loved the Pro 2.  I still have some euro modules laying around I'd like to use.

What can one do with the mod destination CV(x) Trig Out?  Having trouble wrapping my head around this one....Thanks

Re: Mod destination: CV1 Trig Out (?)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 09:27:53 AM »
Triggers can be used to trigger drum modules so you could theoretically use the Pro 3 sequencer to program beats in a module like the Basimilus Iteritas Alter. A lot of modules that accept gates in can also accept triggers so you could use it to trigger an envelope controlling an external filter for example.

Re: Mod destination: CV1 Trig Out (?)
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 12:22:02 PM »
Triggers can be used to trigger drum modules so you could theoretically use the Pro 3 sequencer to program beats in a module like the Basimilus Iteritas Alter. A lot of modules that accept gates in can also accept triggers so you could use it to trigger an envelope controlling an external filter for example.

Thanks - I get that it would send a trigger or gate, I'm trying to think of an example of using it...ahhh, when a pulse LFO goes high (for instance).  I'll mess around with it some.