Oberheim Two Voice Pro

Re: Oberheim Two Voice Pro
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2021, 07:07:52 AM »
Except, as I've stated, most soundtracks didn't use a polyphonic Oberheim like an OBX or OBXa. It was almost always a SEM Four Voice. Any soundtracks that used an OBXa almost always had a Prophet next to them or were part of a larger synth ensemble.

And that's why I said "if I were going to sit down to do an original horror film track" (as opposed to strictly authentic covers of existing tracks).  It's a statement about the OB-6's ability to sound dark and grisly.  Even still, of the synths readily available on the market, in unison mode it is probably one of the better options available for emulating other Oberheim monosynths.

It would be a waste of a poly synth to use it for Unison sounds only. Pointless.

LPF83

« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2021, 07:43:40 AM »
Except, as I've stated, most soundtracks didn't use a polyphonic Oberheim like an OBX or OBXa. It was almost always a SEM Four Voice. Any soundtracks that used an OBXa almost always had a Prophet next to them or were part of a larger synth ensemble.

And that's why I said "if I were going to sit down to do an original horror film track" (as opposed to strictly authentic covers of existing tracks).  It's a statement about the OB-6's ability to sound dark and grisly.  Even still, of the synths readily available on the market, in unison mode it is probably one of the better options available for emulating other Oberheim monosynths.

It would be a waste of a poly synth to use it for Unison sounds only. Pointless.

A waste of what?   A six voice $1900 used OB6 desktop costs a lot less than an Oberheim two voice,  not to mention the flexibility of being used for poly duty when the TVS cannot.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2021, 07:51:12 AM »

A waste of what?   A six voice $1900 used OB6 desktop costs a lot less than an Oberheim two voice,  not to mention the flexibility of being used for poly duty when the TVS cannot.

Not my thing. Pass.