8Dio Add-ons ?

J_P_P

Re: 8Dio Add-ons ?
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2020, 06:50:14 AM »
Can somebody from Sequential confirm if 8Dio is still working on some new sample packs for the Prophet X.
Every time I ask 8Dio I get some vague answers like this below:

Me:
Hi, When can we aspect some new Prophet X add-ons? I think it's more then a year ago that the last add-on came out. You've got a big database of all kind of different samples that you only have to convert to the Prophet X format.

8Dio:
Hello there
we cannot confirm future sales or releases, unfortunately.

Me:
Why not If I may ask? It's a collaboration with Sequential. So I would aspect some new sample packs for the Prophet X.

8Dio:
We are unable to confirm future sales or releases as they are still being developed.
So you are working on some new Prophet X sample packs? That would be great!

8Dio:
I can not confirm if we are working on any, or if any will be released

So really annoying. Can't Sequential work with other companies that have big databases of all kind of different samples.
That way we can have more sample packs and more diverse ones. And hopefully coming out in a much faster rate.

What a... >:( >:( >:(

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2021, 02:56:20 PM »
I just ordered a PX in place of the Nord Wave 2 I had on preorder. (Everything I heard coming from the Nord was way too sterile.) I'd prefer to fill the PX's additional storage with samples so I don't have to think about that in the future. The thing is, I have analog synthesis covered and don't need samples of synths, so hopefully 8Dio is indeed working on some acoustic packs.

I really recommend Cyborg Studio. I got all my Fairlight, DX7, D50, Emulator III, Ensoniq SQ-1, Synclavier samples from there. Once I snag the ISLA-S2400 drum machine, I'll be grabbing all the SP-12, 1200, DMX, LM1, and Linn Drum samples on there too!

How do you get passed the 44.1 sample rate.....? Thought the prophet needed 48?

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2021, 10:43:17 PM »
How do you get passed the 44.1 sample rate.....? Thought the prophet needed 48?

PXToolkit will import samples with more or less arbitrary sample rates into the Prophet X.

J_P_P

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2021, 05:38:18 AM »
8dio comment on a YT question i made...

"Glad you asked! We have three new PX pianos coming in just weeks ahead and dozens more coming."

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2021, 07:17:50 AM »

"Glad you asked! We have three new PX pianos coming in just weeks ahead and dozens more coming."

They've been saying that for over a year.

J_P_P

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2021, 05:09:11 AM »

Well...suprise , suprise...nothing new.. :(

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2021, 02:29:13 AM »

Well...suprise , suprise...nothing new.. :(

I have given up on 8Dio. No more packs and the sample manager software is very basic to say the least.
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.