Julian

kris

Re: New implementation midi 1.1.5.9
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 11:01:18 AM »
hello
where can i find the new midi implementation of version 1.1.5.9 of rev 2 please

Thanks
Julian
What exactly are you looking for, maybe I can help?
Check out the free Sysex Librarian for Sequential and more https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 01:08:09 PM »
Truth be told, I don't quite understand what's going on with CC's. I configured the rev 2 16 voices on 2 tracks from d'Ableton in order to have the 2 layers A and B separated.

Until all is well, then I put my external instrument in a rack instrument for each layer in order to retrieve certain commands from rev 2 on the Ableton macros.

For that I put the "CC sender 16" of max for live.

So I configured the different commands I wanted using the midi implementation of the first OS of rev 2 written in the manual.

I realized that the cc indicated did not correspond to the commands, for example the cut off indicated in cc 102 on the manual did not correspond, it was necessary that I put it in cc 103 to recover it on ableton.

Also the noise indicated in cc 29 on rev 2 controls the cc 30 on live.

So I told myself that over the different OSs, there must have been a change in the cc's, it happened to me with the XD minilogue.

By cons what is crazy is that tonight, I reopen my live project and the cutoff commands are no longer in cc 103 but indeed in cc 102 as indicated in the manual, for against the noise remains in cc 30 whereas it is indicated in cc 29 on the manual.

I don't understand it anymore ....

maxter

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 01:52:43 PM »
Use a MIDI monitor, midiox or something, to see what CC message the Rev2 spits out with each knob you turn, or parameter you edit. Probably the easiest, while correct, method.
The Way the Truth and the Life

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 02:07:19 PM »
ok i will see, thanks

kris

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 01:23:11 AM »
Also the noise indicated in cc 29 on rev 2 controls the cc 30 on live.

So I told myself that over the different OSs, there must have been a change in the cc's, it happened to me with the XD minilogue.

By cons what is crazy is that tonight, I reopen my live project and the cutoff commands are no longer in cc 103 but indeed in cc 102 as indicated in the manual, for against the noise remains in cc 30 whereas it is indicated in cc 29 on the manual.

I don't understand it anymore ....
Ho, that sounds like you're running into the old and classical "off-by-one" problem. That is most likely be caused by the components of the system not agreeing if the numbers are zero-based or one-based, i.e. if the first element is 0 or if it is 1.

Example: The MIDI controller command clearly specifies 0 as the first Controller Number: https://www.midi.org/specifications-old/item/table-3-control-change-messages-data-bytes-2, and the Rev2 Manual agrees (in my version its page 84, "Additional continuous controllers". But sometimes software likes to add 1 to the display of the number, because they think, well, users don't understand controller #0, so let's just add one so it looks nicer. The most prominent feature with that bug is the MIDI channel - it is in technical terms always 0 to 15, but sometimes it is implemented as 1 to 16, and 0 denoting "Omni" all channels. Sometimes 16 is Omni and 0 to 15 the channels.

I don't know Max for Live but it sounds it adds one to the number when displayed, but what I would do is to hunt these inconsistencies by trying our controller #0 (or #1, the Rev2 supports that) and see at which points systems stop agreeing.

This can be a really nasty problem depending on who is adding one or subtracting one and if the effect of that is visible (in the UI) or not (in the MIDI transferred).

[There are only two hard things in computer science: Naming things, cache invalidation, and off-by-one errors]
Check out the free Sysex Librarian for Sequential and more https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 12:56:47 PM »
ok thanks, that works now with the classic implémentation of the manual.