Change the preset for the layer B ?

Change the preset for the layer B ?
« on: June 13, 2020, 12:51:48 PM »
Hello,

I started on a factory preset with the two layers A and B, I worked my layer A to do what I wanted and I would like to change the preset of layer B to work it. I can't find a way to call a new preset just for layer B?

What do you think ?

Thank you

maxter

Re: Change the preset for the layer B ?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 05:27:55 PM »
I think if you:
1. Press Edit Layer B
2. Press Show (Miscellaneous)
3. Scroll to the far right, as far as you can, last parameter
4. Now you should be able to select any layer A or B from any patch, to layer B of your patch.

It's important to do step 1 BEFORE step 2, to have edit Layer B activated, or you'll be stuck in layer A when entering miscellaneous parameters.
The Way the Truth and the Life

LPF83

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 11:22:46 AM »
A workflow I like on the Rev 2 is to start working on A and when it's "there" (or mostly there), press Stack and Split buttons together, then Write to copy that sound to B, then continue sculpting layer A.   

Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 01:00:26 PM »

Huge, this synth makes me happy day by day, a big thank you to both of you for the manipulations.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 11:17:55 PM »
I reallly like this added feature for changing a patch for a layer.

On the other hand, I'm starting to get used to the multi mode. I bit more flexible with assigning patches to layers. I'm using the REV2 as master keyboard. This way I can switch between layer patches, playing them stacked and split. Without having to have a fixed combination of 2 layers in 1 patch.

LPF83

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 10:00:23 AM »
I reallly like this added feature for changing a patch for a layer.

On the other hand, I'm starting to get used to the multi mode. I bit more flexible with assigning patches to layers. I'm using the REV2 as master keyboard. This way I can switch between layer patches, playing them stacked and split. Without having to have a fixed combination of 2 layers in 1 patch.

I use multi mode using the separate outs for A and B.  In Cubase, I've assigned the MIDI tracks for A and B to two  different MIDI channels, so which of the two I'm recording into Cubase at any one time depends on which one (or both) I have selected in the DAW. 

Sometimes I stack the two sounds, other times I split them to play a bass part with left hand, then a synth lead/string/arp etc right the right.  Sometimes I do neither and just treat them as two independent 8 voice poly synths.

Always interested to hear how others use it!
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 10:41:26 AM »
I often use stack just to get a thick double tracked type of sound - or to widen the stereo field and get a binarual type of feeling... like the Poly Evolver or upcoming UDO Super 6.

First, finish up your single patch on Layer A, then copy it to Layer B.   Stack them.   Set Pan Mode to Fixed.   On Layer A, set a Mod Slot to DC>Pan,-32.   On Layer B set a Mod Slot to DC>Pan,+32.    (32 effectively hard pans the layers L/R)

If you want to make some adjustments to parameters on one layer it will widen the stereo field - small adjustments to osc pitch, cutoff, envelope attack can separate the layers further, creating a huge stereo effect.

It works great for big pads, strings, and brass sounds, and also can be great for leads that will cut through the mix. 

Another use case for stacks is to just treat the second layer like an extension of the first, to get access to two more oscillators + a sub.   You can keep all parameters identical in the envelopes, filter, amp, effects sections, but use a stack to get access to 4 total oscillators + 2 subs... for massive osc stack sounds (stack four detuned saws with some lite chorus for a 90s supersaw type of sound).   

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral