Patch structure/format for sysex send

Patch structure/format for sysex send
« on: May 16, 2020, 10:37:57 AM »
Hello

I've been fiddling around with Python and a MIDI library and I want to automate some patch editing tasks by reading a patch, editing, writing a patch, step up though patches and repeat.

Is the structure/format of the OB-6 patches documented anywhere? Neither a quick Google or search of the forum turned up anything though maybe I'm being obtuse with my search terms.

Thanks
Jim

kris

Re: Patch structure/format for sysex send
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 07:49:19 AM »
Hello

I've been fiddling around with Python and a MIDI library and I want to automate some patch editing tasks by reading a patch, editing, writing a patch, step up though patches and repeat.

Is the structure/format of the OB-6 patches documented anywhere? Neither a quick Google or search of the forum turned up anything though maybe I'm being obtuse with my search terms.

Thanks
Jim

You can just ask the Sequential support nicely, they have a document they sent out to me when asking which documents the "packed parameters" in the sysex struct!
Check out the free Sysex Librarian for Sequential and more https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 09:39:25 AM »

You can just ask the Sequential support nicely, they have a document they sent out to me when asking which documents the "packed parameters" in the sysex struct!

Thanks Kris. I will try them.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 10:34:00 AM »

I did ...

First I got sent a link to the manual

Try again!

Then I got sent

P12 Packed Parameter Data Assignments.pdf
Prophet Rev2 Packed Parameter Data Assignments.pdf

Yes those, but for the OB-6

The documentation should be the same if not similar. This is the only documentation we have created for any of our instruments. We have not had the bandwidth to create implementation charts for every instrument.

:-\

kris

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 05:30:11 AM »
That is a bit funny, I guess as I got the document from DSI, it is ok to post it here. Maybe we should pin this post so people in the future - and I do hope that the OB6 will have a long future - will find it? Even those from Sequential?
Check out the free Sysex Librarian for Sequential and more https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 05:34:26 AM »
That is a bit funny, I guess as I got the document from DSI, it is ok to post it here. Maybe we should pin this post so people in the future - and I do hope that the OB6 will have a long future - will find it? Even those from Sequential?

Thanks Kris. I appreciate that. To be fair they're all under shelter in place in California so perhaps the lucky person who got my support ticket (lolz) is less techy than some of the others and it's difficult for them to reach out to other staff or access a file server or whatever.

Thanks again. Your app looks awesome btw!

kris

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 06:47:28 AM »
Thanks Kris. I appreciate that. To be fair they're all under shelter in place in California so perhaps the lucky person who got my support ticket (lolz) is less techy than some of the others and it's difficult for them to reach out to other staff or access a file server or whatever.

Thank you, I have the file for the P6 as well, because I remember that the OB6 file somehow references it. Let me know when you need it.

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2023, 04:46:16 AM »
Hi Kris

I just landed on this after searching for this info for long time! Do you still have the P6 file?  :D

Thank you, I have the file for the P6 as well, because I remember that the OB6 file somehow references it. Let me know when you need it.

kris

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2023, 05:02:39 AM »
Hi Kris

I just landed on this after searching for this info for long time! Do you still have the P6 file?  :D

Lol, I remember this one. A bit funny Sequential didn't have the files anymore they sent me in the first place. Attached the version for the P6. Maybe we should cross post to the P6 forum so people can you it. These are fantastic synths that deserve all support from the community!

P.S.. this is the first time the reply notification email worked for me on the Sequential Forum. Somebody must have fixed something. Good job!

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2023, 05:35:06 AM »
Indeed it worked for me as well notification, I had another account that I lost now and it was not working.

Interesting that DSI didn't have the files anymore!

I do agree the P6 even after so many years remain a favourite of mine.

Hi Kris

Lol, I remember this one. A bit funny Sequential didn't have the files anymore they sent me in the first place. Attached the version for the P6. Maybe we should cross post to the P6 forum so people can you it. These are fantastic synths that deserve all support from the community!

P.S.. this is the first time the reply notification email worked for me on the Sequential Forum. Somebody must have fixed something. Good job!