Sequencer not playing in Slave or Slave no SS

Sequencer not playing in Slave or Slave no SS
« on: May 14, 2020, 12:57:49 PM »
I have just update the Firmware and the Sequencer will not play in my DAW. I can trigger it but Normal and Gated do not work. No sound at all.

Anyone else have issues?

I have just update the Firmware and the Sequencer will not play in my DAW. I can trigger it but Normal and Gated do not work. No sound at all.

Anyone else have issues?

YES OF COURSE same problem here with the "Newest Pro3 BETA OS 1.0.3.26" which it seems to be actually another mess.
I also hear crackles. They done exactly NOTHING except free TESTS with their clients or... ex-clients.

cbmd

• Sequential
Re: Sequencer not playing in Slave or Slave no SS
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 01:26:26 PM »
No, I am not seeing this and can trigger the sequencer in every mode from Ableton.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

cbmd

• Sequential

Anyone else have issues?

YES OF COURSE same problem here with the "Newest Pro3 BETA OS 1.0.3.26" which it seems to be actually another mess.
I also hear crackles. They done exactly NOTHING except free TESTS with their clients or... ex-clients.

Please report any issues to our support department so we can assist you.  We tested this OS and are not seeing the problems described with sequencer nor crackles.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

Please report any issues to our support department so we can assist you.  We tested this OS and are not seeing the problems described with sequencer nor crackles.
[/quote]

I have sent an email already. are you using USB or Midi cables? I have just changed from midi cables to USB and its working. So it may be an issue with midi cable information being sent

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 01:57:09 PM »
Just saw your email.  Here's what's going on.

With LOCAL OFF, MIDI CLOCK set to SLAVE NO S/S, normal mode sequencer will not run as the mode requires a MIDI play be received.  LOCAL OFF causes the sequencer to not trigger from the play button, but the sequencer will not respond to a MIDI start because the SLAVE NO S/S message.

In this case, we'll likely need to have the normal mode sequencer respond to the PLAY button when LOCAL is off.

For the moment, you can set LOCAL ON or set MIDI CLOCK to SLAVE.

Hope this clears things up!
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 02:03:28 PM »
No I didn't change LOCAL. It has always been on. Just tried again and cables  don't work but USB does with LOCAL ON.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 02:07:53 PM by cbmd »

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 02:08:11 PM »
If the sequencer runs with USB connected but not MIDI clock, either the CLOCK IN CABLE global needs to be set to the right port, or your settings in the DAW need to update.  It sounds like the synth is not receiving clock over MIDI DIN but is over USB.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 02:17:22 PM »
Its a strange one because the settings are exactly the same as I had in the initial firmware and then in the previous beta. Nothing has changed except the firmware.  I reset global setting twice just to make sure it wasn't that and then set everything up correctly again.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 02:23:09 PM »
Yes, changes have been made in operation since the 1.0 OS release.

To confirm, the issue is that you can't get the normal sequencer mode running with local on and set to slave to external clock? 

If so, this pretty much confirms that the problem is that the synth is not receiving clock when play is pressed.  If no clock is actively being sent to the synth, or the synth is set to sync to clock on a port which is not receiving clock, then the sequencer will not play.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 02:30:27 PM »
Correct, all works fine with USB but Midi cables no longer work. There are only 2 settings in ableton to send the relevant info and they are set correctly, so it must be on the Pro 3 side.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2020, 02:31:57 PM »
Then you must have not changed the MIDI CLOCK CABLE IN global parameter to the appropriate port.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2021, 06:43:44 PM »
I am using the E-RM midiclock and found that I needed to hit the reset / rebase button on the midi clock each time I stopped it or the Pro3 would not start.