Difference between Osc1 and Osc2

Moho

Difference between Osc1 and Osc2
« on: May 11, 2020, 05:08:29 AM »
I was checking out the oscillators ranges and I found with the oscillators set to the highest octave and the transpose fully up, the pitch stops tracking at the last octave C, so the top octave of keys play the same ear splitting frequency.

At the other end is where things get interesting, so transpose all the way down and oscillators set to their lowest octave, the digital oscillator tracks all the way down, oscillator 2 stops tracking one octave up from the lowest C on the keyboard and just plays that for any keys lower. Oscillator 1 is where things get weird it also stops tracking one octave up from the lowest C on the keyboard, but unlike oscillator 2 any keys lower than this produce an F five octaves up  :o

Why the difference?

Re: Difference between Osc1 and Osc2
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 03:19:34 AM »
I was checking out the oscillators ranges and I found with the oscillators set to the highest octave and the transpose fully up, the pitch stops tracking at the last octave C, so the top octave of keys play the same ear splitting frequency.

At the other end is where things get interesting, so transpose all the way down and oscillators set to their lowest octave, the digital oscillator tracks all the way down, oscillator 2 stops tracking one octave up from the lowest C on the keyboard and just plays that for any keys lower. Oscillator 1 is where things get weird it also stops tracking one octave up from the lowest C on the keyboard, but unlike oscillator 2 any keys lower than this produce an F five octaves up  :o

Why the difference?
Hi Moho,

That's very interesting. I just received my Pro 3 and am experiencing pretty much exactly the same thing although the behavior between the analog OSC's are flipped around in my case. My OSC2 with -2 on the octave selector plays an F at the lowest octave from C to C. So, the first C with -1 on the octave selector plays an F as well.

I wonder if this is some kind of default behavior or if our units are defective? Did you ever get this resolved?

Does anyone else have experience of this?

/Andy
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 03:32:51 AM by Hyperdrive »