Whatever happened to Razmo?

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Whatever happened to Razmo?
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2020, 08:12:22 AM »
Razmo was a member of the old DSI/Prophet forum.  Back then, he was quiet and humble.  I actually PM-ed him several times specifically to encourage him to be less shy and more vocal.  Well, at some point thereafter, he became VERY vocal!   ;D  He made exposing the Poly Evolver bugs something of a personal cause.  From that point on, he quickly became recognized as the chief bug authority around here.  The two of us had many arguments on the two forums, but they were due to our mutual passion for music and synthesizers. 

No hard feelings here at all, Razmo.  You were probably right most of the time.  You knew much more than ever did.

By the way, thanks for passing on the sad news to us, Jok3r.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 09:11:54 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

OceanMachine

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2020, 11:14:47 AM »
Hopefully he's up there in the sky with the perfect setup.

R.I.P. Big Raz

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2020, 11:23:08 AM »
This is so sad 😞 I know he was ready for his Pro 3.  I hope he’s surrounded by his dream machines now. 

Rest In Peace dear Razmo
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2020, 01:31:00 PM »
Razmo was a member of the old DSI/Prophet forum.  Back then, he was quiet and humble.  I actually PM-ed him several times specifically to encourage him to be less shy and more vocal.  Well, at some point thereafter, he became VERY vocal!   ;D 

Thanks for sharing! That must have been a while before I turned up in the old DSI/Prophet forum around the beginning of 2013. I still remember his avatar from back then: Gollum holding a Poly Evolver Rack.

jok3r

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2020, 02:00:10 PM »
After reading through his whole gear rant thread, I'm pretty sure not even the synth angels in heaven can offer the right setup for Razmo.  :D

Is there any higher instance? If so, let's hope he went straight there...
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2020, 03:25:17 PM »
I still remember his avatar from back then: Gollum holding a Poly Evolver Rack.

Yup!   ;D

chysn

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2020, 06:06:51 PM »
Terribly sad news. I appreciated his exacting nature and generosity with his time, two traits which combined to make him irreplaceable when I was developing wav2evolver. And following his whiplash wholesale gear swap-outs usually straddled the fine edge between exhilarating and exasperating, while being always entertaining. It's a great loss.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2020, 07:14:00 PM »
Razmo was a member of the old DSI/Prophet forum.  Back then, he was quiet and humble.  I actually PM-ed him several times specifically to encourage him to be less shy and more vocal.  Well, at some point thereafter, he became VERY vocal!   ;D

Haha... that's quite an admission!  ;) 

I still remember his avatar from back then: Gollum holding a Poly Evolver Rack.

I have always associated him with that avatar.  It really suited him.  For all of his complaints through the years, he really loved his synthesizers... his "precious"... and he had Gollum-level lust for the ones he didn't have.  I think he explored The Entire Middle Earth of Synthesizers to try and quench his GAS.

Besides his animated rants and sometimes harsh criticisms, I will remember him as a really good sound designer with an ear for nuances and subtleties -- and a helpful member of the DSI/SEQ community who shared a lot of cool tips and tricks through the years.   

Raising a pint to you, Razmo!

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

Shaw

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2020, 07:35:54 AM »
So sad to hear the news of Razmataz... a very knowledgeable and generous soul with his time.
He is already greatly missed.
Rest well, my friend.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2020, 04:19:22 PM »
I had feared the worst after his long silence, especially after he told us about his medical condition. I only had a few interactions with him but read many of his posts and learned plenty along the way.  It’s very sad news and a real loss to this community.

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2020, 09:07:19 AM »
Oh my, this is very sad news.  My condolences go out to his family and friends.
I finally bought a Peak after being reading Razmo gush about how wonderful it is a year ago.  I will miss reading his adventures in synthesis, they were always a great inspiration.
RIP.

Pym

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2020, 10:12:02 AM »
It is very sad news. I have a great deal of respect for people who share their passion for the things they love and Razmo certainly did that. Creating discussion and exploring the depths of what we can do has pushed all of us to do better, to learn, and for me to stay accountable to you all. His energy and passion will be missed
Sequential

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2020, 01:59:38 PM »
Bad news.

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2020, 01:28:42 PM »
Saddened and surprised by the news.  I hadn't visited these forums in awhile and had no idea.  Razmo certainly contributed a lot here.  He will be missed.

RIP
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010

MPM

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2020, 08:09:38 PM »
RIP Razmo
Nice to see a thread for him. I had some good interactions with him on some forum about reverb effects which really opened my eyes, and I even had to admit I was wrong.
I don't know how DSI are going to survive without his Bug sniffing talents. Any Rev2 owner out there has a lot to thank him for.
OB-6  Prophet-6  Prophet.Rev2/16  no kids

shiihs

• phasing in and out of reality
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2020, 12:08:07 PM »
Oh my. This is not at all what I expected to read today. I've had only very few (but very positive) interactions with Razmo, back when I was deciphering rev2 sysex messages. He struck me as an authority, someone who knew in-depth what he was talking about. May he rest in peace.
--
gear: prophet rev2 16 voice, kawai NV10, casio wk-7600, Roland Integra-7, supercollider, ardour

links:

https://www.youtube.com/stefaanhimpe
https://soundcloud.com/stefaanhimpe
https://technogems.blogspot.com
https://a-touch-of-music.blogspot.com/

dsetto

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2020, 03:15:14 AM »
I’m saddened to hear of this. Razmo was a character, and had integrity. I enjoyed the spirited discussions between him and The Analog Organist. He seemed to coax the sensitive side of synthesis. Thank you, Razmo.